I wish you thought that I was dead.

Chapter 5 

"Ow! Julie, that hurt!" Jennifer screams as I accidently run into her with a box. 

"I'm sorry babydoll. I should have watched wher I was going. Do you have your room unpacked yet?"

"No! I don't wanna." 

I sigh, "Jenn, you have to. We've moved." 

Part of the deal with my father, I mean Josh, was to have a house, feeding, clothing, and just taking care of not only myself but Jennifer aswell.

"Fine." She yells and trudges off to her room, pouting. 

Ugh. I love her to death, but she can't understand how important this is to not only me, but her as well. I drop a box and just my luck, it's all my favorite plate set. Great. I put it in the dumpster outside of the apartment.

About an hour after moving there's a knock at the door. I open it only to find our new, creepy, neighbor. Just standing there. 

"Uh, yes?"

"I'm Jordyn. You're obviously new, and attractive neighbor." He snaps back at me, very fast, I might add.

"Attractive? Ok. What do you want?"  

"Is that a hint of sarcasm I hear in your voice madam? Not very lady like, I might add. I am giving you my help for today. Helping you unpack everything, even more feminine items. I am not shy about getting up close and," he creeps closer to me and whispers in my ear, "personal." 

I obviously backed up and shoved him away.

"No thank you." I say, trying to shut the door, but his foot was in the space. 

This guy was... persistant to say that least.

"Ma'am, I was offering help. It would be rude, and incredibly stupid of you to decline an offer like this." He gives me a wink at the end of his sentence. 

"No. I said no. Either leave, or else." I say, harshly.

"Or else what? You gonna call your mommy on me?"

"I would, but she's dead." I say, before even thinking about the words spewwing from my mouth. I quickly shut the door, and slide down the back hugging my knees to my chest. And letting out a sobbing sound. I can't believe this, one quick sentence and I'm back to where I was a month ago. 

"Julie..?" I hear Jennifer before I see her. She is just standing there staring at me. 

Oh no. "Yes, baby?" I say, shakily. 

"What's wrong? I came in and say you crying!" She runs over and hugs me as tight as her little arms will let her. 

"I'm not crying, I uuh.. Stubbed my toe on the door. It hurts really bad." Quick thinking, hmm?

"oh, okay. Well, I finished my room! Come see!" She drags me by my wrist to her room, smaller than the other, but all I could afford with my little paying job.

I work as a cashier at the Village Mart. I'm just glad they hired me. 

"I love it! It's so, you!" I smile gently at her, "Jenn, it's getting really late. You need to go to bed." Giving her a gentle smile, and picking her up and pretending to throw her on the bed. 

She quickly gets under the covers and tucks herself in. 

"Night, Julieeeee." She says, carrying the ie in Julie much farther than needed, so I return the favor.

"Night, Jenniferrrrrrrr." 

I slowly shut her door and turn of her light. I walk to the door, and lock the four locks on the door. Nice protection. I then proceed to my bedroom and lie in bed, thinking.

Why me? Why now? I'm not only fat, but alone. I don't know what to do but lay here and cry. Can I just forget the world? No, I can't. I have someone who depends on me fully, I will not do what my mother did. I can't help but be mad at her. She left us alone with nothing, no one. Not even a suicide note. Really? Most families at least get that. 

I drift off into the lonliest sleep I'll hopefully ever have. 

--

I'm awoken at 5am by a banging noise on the door. I run up to the door and open it without even thinking, how stupid of me. 

"I knew you'd answer me if I knocked loud enough." I large smirk appears on his quite adorable face.

Camden?

"What are you, how did you? Why?"

"Slow down, killer. I'm not here for your money, I'm here for you."

"Me? What, no. What- uh." I stumble on my words.

"I'm teasing. I'm here to ask you why you ran off in the grocerie store the other day?" He says, inviting himself in.

"Sure, you can come in." I say under my breath. Moving to the couch where he has made himself ever so comfortable. 

"So, you didn't answer my question before." 

"What?"

He scoffs, "Why did you run away like a little kid in the grocerie store?"

"I didn't run away like a little kid!" I'm slightly offended.

"Awe, the kid is getting deffensive?" 

My gosh! He is so annoying!

"No. I was just saying. And, I had to go."

"Oh, an important lunch date?" 

I give him a puzzled look, he knew I wouldn't have a lunch, or dinner, date at all. 

"You're kidding right?" 

"No, and I'm really sorry if I offended you.." He shakes his shaggy hair and wipes the smirk off of his face, in place comes a look of remorse. This si not the Camden everyone knows.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"For you," he pauses as if that wasn't meant to come out, " I mean, uh.. I don't know why I am here." He stands, walking right past me, I run after him reaching the door.

He laughs halfheartedly, "Are you gonna hold me captive?"

"Yeah, maybe I will." I say, with a smirk. 

This is a side of me I've never seen, a tease.

"And if I don't want to stay here with someone like you?" He retorts, just as teasingly. 

He's good.

"Then, uh.." I stumble on the words. I have no response.

He comes closer to me, "You're not gonna win this game, Julie Foster." 

His voice caresses my eardrum. Deep, masculine, attractive. 

I freeze, tensing up.

"Relax, Julie!" He says, shaking me furiously by the shoulders. 

"I'll relax if you do me a favor." I say, taunting him with my words.

His eyes shoot up to mine, "Of coarse I will."

"Close your eyes," I say circling him and slowly opening the door making sure I don't make a sound, "now, walk forward."

"Walk forward? What do you-" I stop him from speaking by putting my hand up wo his mouth.

This was by far the most daring thing I'd ever done with a boy, and it wasn't even bad.

"Trust me." I whisper into his ear.

He did as I say and then I told him to stop, turn around, and open his eyes. 

"Oh look! Turns out, I let you go without a fight." I say slyly, winking at his confused expression and slowly waving and shutting the door behind me before he can protest what is going on.

I let out a big breath and look through the peephole. I see him walking away with the cutest smile I've ever seen.

Did I just do that?