Awkward.

Chapter 7    

Once again I hear his knocking on the door. He stopped barging in when he walked in on me, only a towel on. He wasn't embarrassed in the least in fact, I remember word for word what he said, 'Woah Julie. Not until our first date.' I got extremely red in the face and as I ran down the hall to my room, I accidentally ran smack into the wall behind me, causing a very large, unattractive bruise on my forehead.   

"If it's Camden, come in, if it's Mega, leave me alone!" I yell at the door tugging my black skinny jeans on.   

"You're getting more comfortable with me walking into your house I see." he says from the other room.   

I walk into the small apartment living room, "I kind of have to. If I don't, I'll just be awkward all the time. That's not attractive."   

He smirks, "You're trying to be attractive now?"   

"I obviously don't have to try." I taunt, winking at him and walking closer.   

"Whatever," he scoffs, " I'll give you benefit of the doubt."   

"Benefit of what doubt?" I ask, confused.   

"well," He pauses, "I don't think I've ever seen you naked. You could be hideous."   

I'm a little offset by his honesty, I also admire it a bit.   

"And you never will." Giving him a small wink and walking out the door already knowing where he parked I ran to the car, giggling the whole way. When I finally reach the car I realize it's locked, I turn around and see Camden right in front of me, his hands on the car making sure I can't run away this time.   

"Camden, I'd really appreciate it if I could just get in the car. It's freezing out here."    "You can, for a price."   

The situation was all too familiar.  

"What do you want?" I say, looking at my feet shyly.   

"A date." he says, looking at me directly.   

"Are you kidding me?" I say, not trying to be rude, but it came out that way.   

"Uh, yeah. It was a- erm, joke." He says very bluntly.  

"I didn't mean it how it sounded, I really-"  

"Forget it." He says in a very harsh tone opening my door and trudging over to the drivers side hoping in as quickly as possible.    "I'm sorry"   

"You're distracting me. Be quiet." he spat the words at me with force.   

That was the worst car ride of my life.   

We got through our usual shift without any eye contact. I caught him glancing at me once, but he looked away. I messed up majorly.   

The car ride was the same way, awkward.   

We make it home without a word being said.   

"Same time, same place?" I say jokingly.

He doesn't even respond, instead he leans over me, very lose to my face to where I can smell his minty breath, was he going to kiss me? 

Nope.

All my hopes fade as he opens my door and puts his hands back on the wheel. 

I don't think he's ever been rejected in his life. I didn't even reject him though. Also, he couldn't have liked me too much. I don't even like me that much. 

  --   

I wake up to someone's hands on my feet. Running them. I jerk my feet up to my stomach, and sit directly up in my bed. I see him.   

"How the fuck did you get in my house?" I yell at Mega. 

  "You need to not hide a key outside," he says getting closer to me, "some creep might come inside." 

  "A creep is already inside. You. Now leave."   

"I'm not a creep. That Camden fellow is, sweet  cheeks. I'm going to protect you," he gets right beside my ear, "I'll hold you." 

  I get off the bed to quickly and run into the wall again. I fall back down on the bed, very dizzily. 

  "You should stop running and just give into my charm." 

  "You have no charm, and need to leave." I say getting up and turning against the corner.    Big. Mistake.   

He pins me yet again.   

"Nowhere to run this time. Camden won't be here for another half hour, giving me plenty of time."   

Wrong, it's Thursday. No Camden.

  "Plenty of time?"I say, worriedly. 

  "I get plenty of kisses this time, right?"   

He leans in.  

"Wrong." says a deep voice behind Mega. I didn't even see anyone come in. As soon as Mega turns around to greet the deep voices stranger I bolted for the door.  

Standing in the living room I watch as I bruised man comes running out of my bedroom I realize it's Mega and he has a bloody nose. Good.  

I saw this tall, quite attractive, guy waltz out of my room after without a single scratch.  

"Uh, who are you?"   "I'm Camden's best friend, Eli." Of coarse he was Camden's, attractive, friends.  

"And, why are you in my house? Thank you by the way." I give him a slight smile while walking closer.  

"Oh! Camden was totally bummed the other day and I was wondering if you knew anything about it?"

I stop dead in my tracks. He was upset about what I had said?  

"Yeah, I know why. He.. asked me out and I said 'You're kidding me right?' and I didn't mean it to be rude, at all. I was just, I don't know, surprised. He's bummed about me?" I say, staring at my hands.  

"Yeah, really upset, and I can see why. You're totally gorgeous."   

My eyes shoot up to meet his piercing blue eyes, "What?"   

He starts walking closer to me, he was considerably taller so he was looking down at me, "You heard me, Julie." He smirked. Not like Camden's, a sweet smirk.  

A good smirk.  

----

New guy? What? Haha. Just keep reading.(: I'm dedicating this chapter to @Silent_dreamer for making my wonderful book cover.(: 

Comment, vote, fan.<3