Chapter 12

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Jaune is on his way home, he has just come from the supermarket and has two bags full of ingredients with him. What he doesn't notice is that he's being followed. Ruby looks around a corner and watches Jaune. With her is the rest of Team RWBY and Team NPR.

Nora: Do you see him?

Ruby: Yes, he has two shopping bags with him, was probably just shopping.

Ren sighs.

Ren: Guys, I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Nora: What do you mean Ren? Wouldn't you like to see fearless leaders again?

Ren: I would like to see him again. But it's clear that he doesn't like us at the moment.

Blake: Well, he would have a reason.

Yang: He should just grow up.

Everyone looks at Yang with a look that says "Really?"

Yang: What?

Weiss: Ruby, where is he?

Ruby: He just went around a corner.

Pyrrha: Let's continue to follow him.

The group goes to the next corner and Ruby sees Jaune entering a house.

Ruby: I think we found his house.

The group leaves the corner and stands in front of the house and examines it.

Ruby: That's a big house.

Weiss: Well, eight people live in there.

Pyrrha grinds her teeth while Ren puts a hand on her shoulder.

Ren: Pyrrha your teeths.

Pyrrha stops and looks at Ren.

Pyrrha: Thank you Ren.

Yang scratches her head.

Yang: We now know where he lives, but what now?

Ruby: I didn't thought about it that far.

The group stands in front of the house for a few moments, as a voice surprises the group.

???: Can I help you?

The group looks at the source of the voice and finds them in the garage of the house, it is Seshu who has just opened the garage door. While most are calm, even if they have never seen an arachne before, Ruby is frozen with fear and begins to stutter.

Ruby: *Whisper* Sp-Spi-Spider

Yang: Ruby calm down.

Weiss whispers to Ruby.

Weiss: According to the book that Ms. Smith gave us, it is an arachne. She won't hurt us, so Ruby calm down.

Ruby takes a few deep breaths and stops shaking.

Ruby: Okay I'm calm.

Ruby turns to Seshu and smiles.

Ruby: Nice to meet you, we would like to talk to Jaune.

Seshu raises an eyebrow and folds her arms.

Seshu: Why do you want to talk to my fiancee?

The group is not sure what stories Jaune told, so they decide to lie a little.

Weiss: We are colleagues of his.

Seshu narrows her eyes and hums.

Seshu: I don't think so, I know every one of his colleagues, and since you are all very young, Jaune is the youngest in his work. So you want to try that again?

Ren sighs and decides to tell the truth.

Ren: Look, I don't know if Jaune told you about it, but he's from the same world as us.

Seshu's gaze grows dark and the group gets slightly scared.

Seshu: Are you the assholes that betrayed Jaune?

The group winced when Seshu said that. Blake decides to ask.

Blake: What if we are?

Seshu: So you are these assholes. Please leave my property.

Seshu turns and decides to continue working on a machine. But the group is stubborn.

Pyrrha: Listen, we know what we did was bad, but we would happy to get along again.

Seshu doesn't listen when she puts on a pair of headphones and starts sawing something.

Yang: She is really good at ignoring.

The door to the garage opens and Jaune enters the garage.

Jaune: Hey Seshu, food is rea- For fuck sake what are you doing here?!

The group flinches when Jaune yells at them.

Pyrrha: H-hey Jaune. We haven't seen each other for a long time, how are you?

Jaune: I'm fine, I'd be even better if you would leave me alone.

The group is sad that Jaune says this, but Yang is angry.

Yang: Listen here Vomit Boy-

Jaune interrupts her before she can scream further.

Jaune: Oh no you will listen Yang. I don't care why you are here, but we are no longer friends. I left my old life behind and have a great life here. While I'm happy that Saphron, Terra and Adrian are here, I really don't care about the rest.

Jaune leads Seshu to the door and turns to the group again.

Jaune: So do me a favor and leave me alone.

Jaune slams the door shut and the group disappears from the house, dejected.

To be continued.