Chpt. 1👑

My alarm went off like 10 minutes ago and I was trying to stay in bed for as long as possible before —"Deity get your ass up!" That beautiful sound was my 18 year old sister Imani. I got up and showered, straightened my hair, and got dress.

Believe it or not i was born and raised in Beverly Hills with my mom, dad, and sister

Believe it or not i was born and raised in Beverly Hills with my mom, dad, and sister...I was always a good kid and never got in trouble. I was a straight A student throughout my years in school with a 4.3 at the start of my senior year at Beverly Hills High, I was class president 2 years in a row and everyone seemed to love me. My mom and dad are happily married and I had a beautiful house. I was in my junior year in college at UCLA and had just tuned 21, my life was just about perfect I guess.

"Hey birthday girl" my mom said as I walked into the kitchen "Thank you mom but please it's not a big deal" I said as I looked at the pancake, eggs, bacon, hash browns, and fruit on the counter "What do you mean don't make a big deal? Your turning 21 today" she said handing me my plate "Uh I'll take this to go" I said wrapping the plate in tinfoil "Imani I'm leaving" I heard her footsteps come down the stairs "Where's dad?" I asked my mom "He had to go in early" I nodded. My mom was one of the best surgeons around and my dad was one of the best lawyer in the country he hardly ever lost a case, needless to say they were really never home with all the traveling they did but they thought gifts could make it up to us. For instance,  Jeep Wrangler they got me when I was 18 because they were gone for like 2 weeks leaving me to look after Imani.

"So what are the plans for today birthday girl?" My sister said and I laughed "Nothing,just gonna sit at home and eat ice cream" she sighed "But it's Friday" I shrugged "You can join me if you want" she laughed "It's Friday......I have plans" I rolled my eyes. I've never been the one to go out, it's not like I didn't have friends because I did but I'd rather be home listening to music and reading a book then go out. "Have a good day" I said to Imani as I dropped her off.

I pulled up to school and as usual my bestfr's Alanna and Emora were waiting for me. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled before I could even get out the car "Guys shh please," they smacked their lips "Girl everyone already knows and are raving about the party tonight" I stopped in my tracks "Party? What party?" Alanna looks at Emora "It was a surprise dumbass" I rolled my eyes "Why would y'all do that? " they both rolled their eyes "Yes we know how you are but come on Deity, you only turn 21 once might as well come out and you have no excuse it's Friday....Plus we already paid for everything" I sighed pondering the situation like I had an option. I obviously had to go considering they already paid for it and I would feel terrible if I let their money go to waste. "What time?" They squealed and continued to tell me the details for tonight.

I was majoring in English literature and creative writing, since I was in middle school I fell in love with writing. While other kids complained about getting essays I was always so excited and put in my all for each essay. When I got older It only got better and every English teacher said so but when I got into high school I wasn't that interested in writing anyone, at that point I had felt like I didn't know my true purpose in life so I was really struggling but that didn't matter, my parents decided that writing if what I was gonna do.

"I heard someone is throwing a party tonight" Jonathan ran up to me in the hall "I'm not throwing a party, it was thrown for me and if you know me you know I wouldn't go unless I didn't have an option" he chuckled "Well thats good you need to get out the house and show me how that ass moves" he said looking behind me.

Jonathan has had the biggest crush on me since we were in middle school but I've always seen him as a brother to me "Jojo how many times do I have to tell you that we.....will never happen okay brother" he scoffed and rolled his eyes "How many times did I tell you to stop calling me jojo?" I laughed "bye jojo" I said then walked into class.

When school was over I went straight home, "Hey dad" I said walking into his office "Hey birthday girl, how's your day?" I rolled my eyes "please just say I can't go out tonight" he laughed "What's happening tonight?" I sighed "Alanna and Emora are throwing a party that I was completely unaware of until today" he smiled "Well I think you need to get out the house so unfortunately I can't say no, plus me and your mom would love the house to ourselves" he said wiggling his eyebrows "annnnnnnd on that note I'll go get ready"

2 hours had passed and I was really dreading going to this party especially when reruns of bad girls club was on tonight.
My phone rang and I knew who it was
"Yes"
"You were suppose to be here an hour ago, where the hell are you?" I rolled my eyes as Emora yelled at me through the phone "I'm on my way okay" I head whisperers from the other side of the phone "I told you she was gonna do this" that was nobody but Alanna's annoying ass "Alanna you can't whisper for shit and you know it...I'm on my way okay so stop calling my phone" I hung up and walked out the door hoping this would be over soon.