Epilogue

▬

[ EPILOGUE ]
Dear James...

Dear James,

I know I'll see you in a few weeks anyway after the smash hit that was the Easter holidays but felt like writing anyway because a) your my friend so I want to know how your summers going and b) nobody's home at the moment so I'm pretty bored. The films Dad left were weird again although not as weird as when Sirius came (still not telling you about that ever).

So... how's your summer?

Lily came and stayed for a few weeks and we finally revealed that she was, in fact, my girlfriend and not my 'special friend' as we pretended over Easter. Pleased to say Cassandra and Salim did all the Attias very proud and took it well. Was a bit worried that Dad might be a bit funny since Iraq is quite traditional in that sense but just like his dismissal of the muggle views, he dismissed any homophobic ones too. Which was nice!

I think they were just happy I'd found someone, Dad said he thought I slept too much for anyone to see my face enough to know me let alone fancy me. That was pretty rude honestly. But I mean, Lily laughed so that's okay I guess.

We're going to go on holiday to Switzerland too as my parents can't get enough since Christmas which is really cool. I don't know when (don't tell the others but I lost that pretty diary they bought me). I'm not sure what we're doing either because I sort of zoned out as Mum was telling me because Poppy was rubbing mashed potato into Svetlana's cardigan and she hadn't noticed which really grabbed my attention.

Sorry, this letter kind of sucks but I hope you like it. Anyway, write back soon so I can write back again and actually have something to do until you guys visit.

Also am very excited for fifth year, hoping this long summer gave you a lot of time to do some soul searching and figure out who the new James Potter is.

But remember older and wiser does NOT mean boring. My Dad and his collection of muggle films is a stark reminder of that. Some of them might be mentally scarring but they are definitely not boring.

Anyway, hope you're having a blast Prongs (Still preferred Horny)

Lots of love,

Exie xxx