Chapter Six

▬

[ CHAPTER SIX ]
... but does he know that I know that she knows that I know? Probably

The boys seemed to watch her quizzically for a moment before both sighing in relief. She raised an eyebrow at them and luckily Sirius took the hint and explained, "Sorry, we were just checking your reaction was completely done, didn't want to start talking if you were about to rant."

"I don't think a rant would help this situation. You two clearly aren't in the mood to listen nor behave so it would be a waste of breath," She replied, "Besides, it's not going to un-knock him out."

"You never know..." Sirius muttered thoughtfully, "Your voice can be really annoying sometimes on the rare occasions you really get going - "

"Careful, Sirius, a rant would be a waste of energy but a swift kick in the shins would not," She countered swiftly, pursing her lips to enhance her authority (which was really rather minimal given that she was short and currently in a matching flannel pyjama set).

"Nah, you wouldn't. That would require moving and you hate that," Sirius slowly folded his arms.

"Well ... yeah, that's maybe a bit true but if you hadn't noticed I'm out of bed - "

"Yeah because James dragged you!"

At this, James had something to say, "Excuse me, I did not drag her, James Potter is nothing if not a gentleman - "

The minor spat was quickly interrupted as a soft groan came out from behind the bins, the three of them leaping in shock like awful cartoons as they quickly remembered the reason they were all there, by the grimy bins in the middle of the night: the Severus problem. And right now this one needed fixing ... urgently.

They stood in silence for a second, eyes locked before Exie pointed out the obvious: "Seems like we need to focus..."

"Continue this later?" Sirius asked with a slight grin.

His proposition was met by a smirk from James "Mate, I'm already thinking up the next comeback."

"Oh, could it include a pun ... what am I doing?" Exie quickly snapped herself out of the sweet lures distraction, holding a handful of hair in one hand, "The longer we do this, the longer I'm out of bed ... okay, we're all smart ... we're smart people, we can come up with a solution! Okay... does he know about our plan with Remus?"

This was met by a resounding "No," from the two boys which was definitely a relief.

"Well that's good I think. Just a regular Severus incident then, our plan's not compromised ... this is very good," She nodded to herself, "So I guess all we need to do is just wake him up - "