Chapter Ten

▬

[ CHAPTER TEN ]
The Deadly Blame Game

The next few moments became a blur as her mind rapidly began to fuzz over once more, stress prompting a sleep attack.  She suddenly became aware of Sirius' holding her arm and allowed him to pull her towards the stairs. However the fuzziness soon became too much and half way down the stairs she was forced to sit down, losing consciousness. When she awoke, Sirius was still there but was no longer alone, now surrounded by the girls which made her wonder how long she'd been out.

"Sirius ... how long was I..."

He hardly paid her any attention, instead barking something to a startled Marlene and Jessamy who were holding each other, "Look, just make sure she's alright which she is - this happens a lot! Oh Merlin's beard, they've probably taken him to the hospital wing already ... what if they don't let me in?"

At this, Marlene rushed forwards, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Sirius, I'm sure they will - "

"Where's Lily gone?" Faye cut in as Exie managed to pull herself up to sitting, only to be pushed back down again by several pairs of worried hands. 

Luckily, this mystery was solved swiftly as Lily's cool voice cut in with a curt, "Here". Exie's eyelids were still droopy but she could make out the redheaded figure at the bottom of the stairs, rapidly making her way back up.

"Exie! Are you okay - " It could have just been the cold but Lily looked as if she'd been crying, her eyes twinkling far more than usual.

"Exie?" Sirius cut in suddenly, "She's fine, this happens a lot and we all know that - it's James who we need to be worried about ... he fell off the broom because of you!"

At this, Lily seemed understandably angry, whipping around, "Me? I didn't do anything wrong - "

"You ... you didn't do anything...?" Sirius repeated back before she furiously cut in again, "Acting the way you do when you know that ... just coming here ... I can't believe you, getting up when you knew what he would do ... you're such a bitch, it's like you've got a stick rammed up your arse - "

"What? So I'm not allowed to stand up or watch a Quidditch practice without anyone's permission? If can make my own decisions, if you can't see that then I might have a rod up my arse but you've gone one through your brain, you deluded twit," Lily snapped back, "Let's face it, I didn't do anything but you did, yelling at him when you knew he'd look - "

Jessamy and Faye, being in Hufflepuff, were a little out of the loop, looking back and forth with confusion. The other knew though, knew that this tension was clearly not just the result of one argument.