Chapter Eleven

▬

[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]
Raindrops on Roses and Lily in Mittens

Given how nice the girls had been, Exie had been rather hoping she could thank them the next morning. She was particularly keen to talk to Lily especially after she returned to her dorm (having slipped in and out of the Hospital Wing without Pomfrey noticing), only to find a cup of water and a pleasant note left on her bedside table which she hadn't spotted before. It didn't say much but was very sweet.

Exie!

I just wanted to let you know that we put you to bed so don't be alarmed when you're not at the pitches anymore. By the way, you had another sleep attack as we were going up the hill and Faye didn't quite guard your back in time so you might have a bruise there but you didn't hit your head! 

James is alright too. Remus said he has a bit of a head injury and maybe a twisted ankle but fared stupidly well given the circumstances. The boys went and visited him today so I'm sure he'll be out by tomorrow or at the very least, you can visit. I've left a cup of water next to your bed and even a few biscuits just in case you get peckish at whatever time you wake. Anyway, I'm going to sleep now but hope you feel better in the morning!

Sadly, as usual, she overslept and by the time she awoke, only Mary remained, half out the door

"Morning, Exie ... oh, I ate your biscuits last night which I'm sorry for but also not because they were originally mine and very tasty."

Exie barely had time to mutter, "It's fine..." before her last dormmate left and she was forced to fit her entire morning routine into the space of five minutes.

Breakfast was obviously going to be missed but she did manage to make it to Herbology with time to spare. Well ... not really but Professor Sprout was always ten minutes late so when she arrived in a rush, everyone was still stood outside.