Chapter Eighteen

▬

[ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ]
The Feisty Dragon Snappers

Remus refused to tell her his idea but assured her that it would be effective: by the next morning the plan would be in place. Her mind wandered for long after he'd gone, trying to figure out what the hell he could be up to but eventually she was forced to give up. Her main idea was kidnapping but Remus was far too good for that so it was probably a sign she should sleep.

When she awoke, her ankle was no longer throbbing so she could thankfully walk without wincing again. She hoped her newly healed ankle wouldn't be the only thing that had changed though and sure enough as she arrived at breakfast, there was a new energetic aura surrounding the boys. Remus had a sly smile on his face but he wasn't the only one: for some reason, James was positively beaming, his grin stretching from ear to ear.

"Is your ankle alright?" Peter asked, his mouth full of hash brown, "Remus, told us what happened."

"Yeah, it's okay," She replied, "Madam Pomfrey said it should fully heal provided I don't do anything crazy in the next few weeks."

"No promises then," James grinned, nudging her with his elbow from across the table.

"Someone's in a good mood..." She side-eyed Remus for a split second, "Care to tell me why?"

"We just want you to know we were't leaving you out at all," Peter interrupted before anyone else could even gather their thoughts, "But it was late and then Sirius and Remus had a brilliant idea and we would have told you but Remus said you were ridiculously sleepy when he left so we didn't want to wake you."

The poor boy had practically broken a sweat, the speed with which he was getting the words out. It was sweet though, "Cheers, Peter."

"I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea, that's all."

"It means a lot," She gave his shoulder a little squeeze before turning back to the others, "Well go on then, sharing is caring."

"Oh, it's a bit mad but I think you'll like it," James began, "Sirius came up with it - "

"It was Remus's idea actually," Sirius cut in. There was something odd about the way he spoke, like he was trying to evoke a reaction from someone. The memory of Remus admitting Sirius might have his suspicions floated back but she'd just got into a good head space again so pushed it away.

" - I don't care if it's Filch's idea, it's mad, that's what matters," James repeated again, "So we all agreed given how stressed you've been and the fact that Lily wasn't speaking to you, maybe you weren't the best person to befriend her at the moment. In fact, no offence, but she might be even angrier, even more likely to leak information to Severus... she's feisty."