Chapter Thirteen

▬

[ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ]
Starfish on a Stick

The next morning, Exie really hoped the boys would eagerly fill her in on what they'd come up with to 'distract' Severus so if it was anything that could vaguely be seen as the feud continuing, she could shut it down. It would be awkward just to bring it up out of the blue, the boys would catch on and most likely ask why she was suddenly making elaborate promises to Lily for no reason. She didn't know what was going on and certainly wasn't ready to let her friends in on the swirling mess that was her feelings.

No, the only way was to seize an opportunity that would hopefully present itself to her.

" - you are all clearly wrong, every single one of you," James was in the middle of a bold statement as Exie sat down for breakfast, later than the four of them as usual.

"Wrong about what?" She asked hopefully, leaning across him to get a piece of toast.

"Starfish and Stick is obviously the dirtiest sounding Quidditch tactic, it's just basic logic," James replied, propped up on his elbows, driven by pure passion, "Think about it... reallythink about it... stick... starfish wrapped around it ... dirtiest sounding Quidditch tactic right there, booyeah!"

The last word led to a groan from both Remus and Peter.

Sirius on the other hand, merely looked up elegantly from behind the strands of hair dangling in front of his face but didn't move a muscle other than to thoughtfully cut his bacon, "James, I love you, but how can you claim that with a straight face when there is a move literally called Body Blow. It has blow and body in it... blowing is obvious and you use your body to have sex - I forgot you didn't know that though, apologies but I still rest my case."

This argument had genuinely got the two boys pretty steamed as James sunk back down, an element of sulkiness to his slumped shoulders, "Oh, that's what you use to have sex it is? Dunno how you'd know either seeing as you're never going to have sex with anyone ever."

"Well, neither are you if you keep barking up the wrong trees," Sirius countered nonchalantly.

"None of us should be having sex, we're under the age of consent!" Peter hissed, "That would be breaking the law!"

James ruffled his hair, "Please, I break laws for breakfast - "

"James, ten minutes ago you made me swap scrambled eggs with you because yours looked 'icky', pipe down," Remus cut in suddenly, looking very done with the whole argument, "And the Penetrator - "