Chapter 45

I hear her screams, I freeze, panicking. Again, louder. She calls my name, calls out for me. Each time her voice louder, filled with pain and fear.
"SIENNA!" I call out desperately, searching for her; terrified. "Sienna! I'm coming! I'm coming."
I find myself to be in a grubby room, a Chinese takeaway. Chip fat. The smell lingers in the air, burning my nose.
I climb the stairs, tripping with my speed. I shout. Her name repeatedly filling the room. She screams. Then suddenly. Silence . "SIENNA!"
I barge open the door. The room. Where I was kidnapped. Tied to a chair, mouth bound. The fear in her eyes. Desperate. So youthful. So...
With a knife to her neck, the man. My kidnapper. The father of the boy. The man of my nightmares.
He begins to cut into her soft white skin. Blood the colour of her beautiful hair. Her lifeless body.
He comes towards me. "This isn't real. It isn't real . It isn't real." I sob, my tears soaking my clothes.

I wake up, my face wet, palms sweating. "Sienna..." I cry hopelessly.
Eventually I come to my senses. A dream, nothing but a dream. A nightmare. Not real...

I change into some clothes; leggings, a cute top and a leather jacket.
I wipe my face, tie up my hair and go downstairs.
I pour a bowl of corn flakes and sit at the table... Nibbling.

"Lucy." Ms Abbot sits at the table opposite me, face beaming.
"I suppose I already know the answer... But, well. How would you feel if Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes were to adopt you?"
I drop my spoon in my cereal , splashing cold milk everywhere. "That would be amazing!"
"We'd have to fill out some more paperwork, but they've passed all of the background checks. And it could be soon..."
"How long?"
"Couple weeks to a month at best."
"That would be... insane."