DL Part 12

Part 12 

I wake up to see that the room is still dark. I look to my side where the window is, to see that the moon is still out. Strangely, I feel fully rested and am not in the need of any sleep. I reach out to the side table and grab the digital clock. In red bright numbers the time was 5:00 am. I look beside me to see that Michael has also slept in this room. I notice a small frame of Jared in his arms sleeping peacefully and contently. Smiling at the picture infront of me, of the acceptance, Michael gave Jared in this little act of not ignoring the little child. Treating him and giving him the right of being his son is really sweet because knowing a little of Michael possessiveness, he didn’t take Jared appearance like a slap in the face.

While getting up from bed I notice that Mia wasn’t left alone in the cuddling. She never likes to be left alone and she is so adorable that no one can ever forget that she is around. This child already has the charisma of attracting attention too. She even won Jared’s heart over too; he is holding her hand while he sleeps. Every now and then she turns which makes her hand loose and out of his hold, so he grabs her hand back. I wonder if he is even sleeping or is a subconsciously he keeps grabbing her hand back and sighs contently when he is successful.

I slowly get up without disturbing anyone since I can’t sleep. Other than a bit of twitching and switching positions I will do anything but, sleep. Plus I want some fresh air and some time to get my mind take all the tensions, problems and dangers surrounding me.

It has been a heck of a few days for me. It will take alot of time getting use to. Like honestly who would have thought that from being the person who stays at the back would be at the center of attention. Not in any of my dreams have I had dreamed of. Well, if I keep thinking of my past nothing will ever help me in the present.

I silently thread my footsteps lightly on the floorboards careful to not attract any attention to my very early morning walk. Plus, I want to be alone for once without someone breathing down my neck. Once at the door, I lightly turn the knob and pull the door towards me. Step out into the darkness in the hallway. Softly close the door behind me and continue walking as silent as a mouse down the stairs and up to the front door.  At the last minute changing my mind and heading through the backyard knowing the front has nothing interesting enough, plus I haven’t took a tour if it yet, so why not I do that now.

I pull the glass sliding door for the backyard and silently step outside. I slide the door as quietly as possible to close the entry way, so the flies don’t come inside. As soon as I step out the cool air touches my skin and envelops me into a hug.

I just stand there and let the cool air calm my uneasy nerves.

After awhile of standing there with my eyes closed, I opened my eyes and walked further away from home. I pray at the same time that I don’t come face to face with danger itself, bring my babies, husband, myself and the rest of my family in deep shit.  As I go further into backyard I notice a few more cottages some of them have the upstairs room’s light on. So by the looks of it we have neighbours. Note to myself, tell Michael that we better leave before they report or notice that family trespasses someone’s property and took the privilege of using it without permission.

Suddenly I notice that there is a couple sitting on their patio in their backyard and talking in hushed tones.

I should leave without them noticing me. So I turn around and start walking when I hear a load cry, “Mama! MAAAMMAAAA!!!! MOMMY!!! Where are you???!!!”

I turn around to see that the couple got up and started walking, I think they want to see where is this commotion coming from.

I know already that it is Mia and Jared who has come out looking for me. They raised an alarm of my disappearance and now my whole family will come out to find me.