Dark Life: Chapter 19: Part 2

Chapter 19 ~ Part 2

"Melissa.... Mel-" 

"Yeah," I said. 

I turn to toward the voice and to see a women standing there. She looks concerned. Right on the cue Michael pokes his head in. 

"Sweetheart, this is the doctor I told you about." Michael said as he swifty comes to my side and directs me in the other direction. 

"Dr. McMasters, if you can follow us I can take you to your mini hospital we have set up." 

McMasters nods her head. 

I lean slightly to Michael and whisper. "Our baby is kicking right now with more enthusiasm than before, but I can't hear Jared. What could possibly gone wrong?"  

"Honey, I honestly don't know. Do you think Issac could have known and is trying to play the innocent one on us?" 

"No, Issac is many things but he certainly didn't know about Jared neither did know about Jared's ability. Either something back fired badly or its a case of a new possibility. Maybe this is some sign." 

I just can't tell him what the cards say. 

Could it be–

No it’s never been wrong. 

But– 

Right now I need to concentrate on my little boy. 

Yes. 

Calm down. Take small steps. 

But, what about–

Yes what if that brief memory is true and something is- 

But why would he lie. What would he get from lying to me?

"Melissa?" 

"Huh, I mean yes." 

"What's wrong? Anything you are keeping from me." Michael's eyes roam my face worriedly and intensely that I needed to look anywhere but at him. 

"No nothing is wrong. I am looking forward to hearing or seeing my baby right now." 

Michael laughs.  

"Melissa you would be hearing and seeing your baby if you have the equipments your husband has told me of, than you will. Is this your first child?" She asks. 

I look at Michael for confirmation when someone comes barrelling through the door and runs right into me.  

"Mama, can you tell Uncle Derek that I am allowed to play with Lucian. Please Mommy." Mama pleads with me, with her big eyes with a cute puppy look that no one can say no to. I am surprised that Derek was able to say no. 

Oh that's right he doesn't seem to get along with him. He told me earlier after Lucian had to go see his pups that he doesn't trust him. So obviously he doesn't want his niece around him. 

"Mia." Michael says as he picks Mia up and throws her into the air. 

She squeals and wraps her arms around her daddy. 

"Daddy can I please play with him? Please." God kids have this one track mind. If she didn't get me to say yes, she runs to daddy knowing he will indulge her every whim. 

Michael surprises me when he raises his brow and questions, "Lucian. Who is he?" 

"He is Mama's wolf." Mia says a matter-of-factly. Like its okay for someone to have a wolf. Note to myself, watch what you say infront of the kids. Or more like what you say to your daughter.