DL Part 7

We reached home in about 15 minutes and rushed back inside. Worry clouded functioning my brain properly as a tripped over my own feet up the stairs of my porch into the house. As soon as I entered I was surrounded by my family, aunt and Derek. All of them were worried they we might bump into unwanted visitors in an unpleasant way.

As I convince my family we are at the best we can be, though Derek being stubborn himself, never will be satisfied until I stay with him for a full hour laughing with him that he will be convinced that everything is alright. Even though he has his good reasons for not believing in my “I am alright,” “Just tired,” shit I make everyone else believe in. The only people who can see through that are Josh, Derek and Aunt Erica. Though my parents know what really is going in this head of mine, love to indulge me into thinking so then all can be well. But, those who I have listed have known what I do after I convince everyone which is land into a load of problems. So they know never to leave me alone when I get into a mood like that. They know I am not perfect and they love me for it. However, you know how parents are, they believe their child is angel and perfect, they never believe I am been in a car accident, which if I point out, I have been. Thanks to my lovely James Bond of a brother thinking that its late at night no one will be around, went over speed limit.  Clashed into another. Thank God the driver and passengers had no injuries expect their car had minor physical damages which Josh paid for.

That happened only a few years ago. My brother, who was AWL my whole life after the unfortunate incident, came to me being the naive girl I am, thought foolishly that my brother has saw all that me being a witch was absolutely ridiculous but, now knowing what was going in that head of his, bringing up my past will now not help my present nor future.

As soon as I came out of my whirlwind of thoughts and my past that I notice, I man and women rising from where they were sitting. There was a pair of giggling teenage girls and guy about Josh’s age who followed the suit of the couple. Their manners show of a royal so I assuming they are my in-laws.

I look pointedly at my husband the question pretty apparent in my gaze since he didn’t need to come into my mind that he nodded. I notice that I am wringing my hand in agitation of this reunion; I get this bad vibe that is not going to be pretty. Glaring at my hands for betraying my true emotions, I will not let anyone have an easy shot to upset my already nervous nerves. I wish to curl up in a ball on my bed and calm my heart down, but I can’t, if I am a powerful witch then I am not suppose to have fears on mundane stuff that humans go throughout their lives.

I pull my shield around me as a shawl to protect me from the unpleasantness of this reunion. As my shield secures itself around me, my gaze roams around the room as if I am getting prepared for an attack. It’s even hopeless to wish there was no bloodshed, I have a feeling that even without having literal bloodshed it isn’t going to be a reunion in fantasy novels.  

The couple are both very attractive. The woman is tall and slender. With her brown short hair that comes right up to her shoulder. She has warm and kind gray eyes that would show that the direct threat isn’t from her. She is wearing a blue cocktail dress with a black belt that falls nicely on her slim waist. She looks more like an actress than Michael’s mom. But, you can tell Michael got his mother’s hair and beauty from. I look at supposedly Michael father. He is a big and tall man. His built is like in those romance novels where the guy’s size is so big and overbearing that gets all the girls senseless around him. He is also handsome; no doubt Michael takes from him too. His father had short blond hair. His father has blue eyes. Like the ocean. There is absolutely no coldness in his gaze either; he has a warm fatherly welcome sparkle in his eyes. Well his parents don’t have any disturbing vibes than what else is wrong?

I look at the boy and girls. The boy, who is about Josh’s age, has a masked expression on his face. I can’t penetrate behind his shields. Suddenly his blue-gray gaze meets mine has if he knows his privacy has been invaded. The only think I can note is his outward appearance. He has a black suit, with a red tie. He has brown short hair. He is gorgeous man but, I still think Mike is better looking than him. Beside him are the girls, who are both tall and slender. They are very pretty. Both of them are identical twins. They have long blond hair, brown eyes. They have mischief sparkle in their eyes.  They have some kind of backstabbing streak in them. I open up my shield a tiny bit to see their aura, and its filthy black. Meaning they are devils in an angel form. They will both cause trouble to bring unhappiness in my life. When their gaze meets mine, I see such coldness that I have this compelling urge to avert my eyes from such ice queens. Suddenly I notice a tiny frame behind the ice queens trying to squeezes its way towards me. As soon as she is given room to across, she runs with her small legs and crashes into me, saying, “Mama, you’re finally home.”

          When the little girl called me Mama, my breath suddenly snatched away from me. I froze right there. My mind shouting, that this little girl is confused, there must be an explanation for this. I can’t be her mother. I would remember giving birth to such a beautiful child, she isn’t mine. Like I just got married yesterday and I know I was re-re-incarnated many times but, if I had a child then she would have grew up and be old as my mother or grandmother. This isn’t true, I am being ridiculous. But, this tiny voice is yelling at the back of my mind saying she is my daughter. OH. MY. GOD.  You got to be kidding me, what type of game are you playing...seriously put a hold on your surprises.

          I turn towards Mike and stare daggers at him. Telling him he better have some kind of explanation ready now, or it isn’t going to be pretty.

          Honey, please calm down. I can explain but, not here. You are right she is our daughter. There were no attacks. I didn’t want to tell you but, there is no way I couldn’t tell you about Mia, when there is a threat to kill our little daughter. I have alot of explaining to do but, now isn’t the time. Please trust me; I just got both of you back now. Don’t do something you will regret.

          I nod to tell him I understand, my throat is blocked and feels very heavy on me. It’s like I know Mia but, not at the same time. I pull her tiny frame in my arms. Hugging her tightly and rubbing her back reassuring as she sobs. Her sobs rack in her body. It is hard to watch her heart-wrenching sobs but, I know I need her to let it out it feels as if she cries all her saddens will dissolve away.

          Slowly she calms down. She hiccups a few times and she falls asleep. Her slow, steady beat of her breathing tells me that the poor girl is finally at peace. I won’t let her out of my sight ever. I resolve firmly.

          I turn to look at my family to see if they knew anything about this but, they look as shock as I was at the beginning. This shock has taken all my energy away. I walk up to the couch and drop lightly into the seat without waking Mia up. Everyone quietly follows my suit.

          It was absolutely peacefully quite for awhile. Letting everything that happened in these few minutes rewind in my mind as well as sink in, I can’t believe I am a mother at 16 years old.  Right now I don’t feel 16 these pass few minutes I grew up.  Knowing that you are a mother, that’s when alot of maternal feelings kick in and brings alot responsibilities in its awake.I wonder which birth of mine was a graced with such a pretty and adorable child. How can I forget her?  

          Mia suddenly squirmed in my arms, her big round emerald eyes find mine. “Mama, you’re not going to leave me again are you. If you are, then I won’t let you.” Her small hands grasp my hands to make sure I won’t leave.

          “Sweetie, I am not going anywhere, I promise. Give me your pinkie. See I pinkie swear, I won’t leave anywhere without you. Go to sleep, honey. I am right here.” I rock her in my arms. See falls asleep in my arms again. I gently try to shift her so her head is on my lap but, her hands tighten on my arm, so I leave her the way she is.

 I stare at Michael willing him to start explaining all this, instead of explaining he just pulls me into his mind and shows me my past life when I had Mia. Which was my first ever birth before I started re-incarnating that I was with him, we got married and we were very happy with our daughter when disaster fell upon us. Everything was snatched away from Mike and Mia because someone shoots an arrow right through my heart while we were gone horseback riding. And I died right there on the spot.  Ever since Mia saw you die from my arms she stopped talking, aging, and moving. She stayed statue like all her life. She came back to herself only this time of your re-incarnation. She opened her eyes at your birth. When we were going to marry yesterday, that’s when she actually got up. And, only shouted out, “Mama!” That’s what kept my family from coming here plus, we needed to hurry things through in case one of our enemies knew the truth of Mia. We need to take her to a safe place until things calm down. Mike said in my mind. I was shaken from my past; my poor baby had to see me die. I promise this time, I will not allow anyone to take my life, my baby’s nor Mike’s. They have taken my life once or maybe more but, then were their last. Now they will think twice before they bother my family again.

 That was part 7 guys. Please comment, vote and fan. If you guys at least vote it will show me you guys really like Dark Life, so please vote, it means a lot to me. :D ---Trisha