DL Part 10

Part 10

Michael POV

Thinking life would be better as soon as I married Melissa was a childish wish. Everything around her happens to be a hell of stress but, it is worth it. I wouldn’t dare miss a chance to be with her. It’s also not her fault for the way things have been going on; blame it on fate or destiny because if it was not for the prophecy, there wouldn’t have had these struggles, which we went through just to be together. Our families where really close that the prophecy had nothing to do to have us meet. We grew up together and played together. The time we spend together had made us fall in love. Our families would have joined together by marriage but, then the prophecy just made the marriage get more speed to proceed with.

My wife didn’t have any easy and smooth life after we were married. A year after our marriage everything started blowing up in our faces. My in-laws where killed during the war we had with our enemies. They knew it will kill the spirit in my wife if her family dies. What’s the worst part is that she saw them die right in front of her eyes. It took her days to recover from that feat. The nightmares and her just staring into space not keeping an interest in anything literally killed all the life out of everyone. Whenever she goes to sleep she wakes of screaming and sobbing. It was heart wrenching just to see her like that.

That also made her careless of her own safety. Normally all the guards are trailing behind her so she is protected when she leaves the palace. That day I was busy with the attacks made on her neighbouring friend’s palace. So I was busy making plans to stop the attacks when my wife left out to the forest for a walk. Most of the guards were out protecting the people from going into the forest where our enemies may have camped out because of having everyone getting prepared for war no one noticed Christina leave to go into forest alone until our enemies sent a messenger telling me, that they have my wife in captive and I won’t get her back until she is dead. My breath got cut in my throat when I got the message. My whole universe was in chaos because my love was not here with me.

For two years I was non-stop looking for the place Christina was held captive. Whenever I got caught of the place they already had left a few minutes before. Just few minutes difference from getting my wife back. If only had I got there a few minutes early then I would have had Christina home by then. Every time we had the same results. Finally, we did catch up with them and right on time. I got Christina out of there shackles and brought her home. Since then I never let her out of my sight. No matter if there a war going if I am not there then my trusted guards would be there with her.

A month later we find out Christina is pregnant by aunt Josephina. She also predicted that this baby is mine. Once Christina knew she is going to be a mother came out of her depression and finally smiled. A year later, Mia came into our lives brought the joy and mischief into our lives. I also knew that Mia loves her mother alot as I do. She loves me the same but, she is her mom’s girl. Once in awhile I would remark how much Mia stays with Christina than me faking the hurt into my voice while I told Mia. Then Mia says something that astonishes me alot that, “Daddy, I want to spend a lot of time with Mama because she will leave us soon. Later on I will be with you only.” When she told me that, I asked her why will mama leave us she tells me that Christina will not leave because she wished too, only death will make us apart.

I dwelled on that thought for days thinking my two year old daughter’s imagination is running wild. But, the inner voice of mine is telling me that Mia spoke the truth because she is an extraordinary child with powers that not many witches are bestowed with. The power she has is to tell when someone will die. I knew then when this child will grow up into a powerful witch. Her powers will grow more has she ages.

The sad part is that she doesn’t know when and how. No matter how hard I will protect Christina her death will be impossible to stop. I promised to cherish the time I have with her.

Two months later Christina was dead by an arrow shot through her heart. Right then Mia fell down as a statue staring into space with her eyes open.

We tried as much as we could to bring Mia back but, it was impossible. I looked for the person who killed my wife but, was not successful. Many years later, Aunt Josephine tells me of Christina’s re-birth and she was killed before I even got to her. Each of her re-incarnations had the same result of her death.

The time when Christina was born as Melissa started several of changes in Mia. That I took as a good sign. Now that Christina is with me finally as my wife and with my daughter alive. I was extremely the happiest man on earth. Now that bastard Isaac took away my happiness away. Aunt Josephine assured me that the man who took Christina away has not taken advantage of her. Christina is also not the type of mother to leave her child there without taking him out of the hellhole.

What type of game is that bastard playing he must be hiding something that he didn’t try to coax her into marrying him because of the child?

I am obviously not going to treat the child differently than Mia because of the father of little Jared. He is only a child. Mia is going to have an older brother to look after her who is going to be powerful because of his mother but, if he is half witch and half sorcerer is there a special way to bring the child up. If there is I need to get prepared for more surprises.

What explanation will I give to everyone else for the presence of the child? Jared’s and Mel’s features are the same so we can’t say adopted the child. I don’t want any unnecessary attention on us that will cause our enemies to head our way.

We also can’t head to the palace because that’s where they will check first so I don’t have to answer to the people. We need a story so where we will go to so there isn’t any possibility that of giving out our hide out.

I don’t want Mel, Mia or Jared within harms reach so we need to act quickly and get going if we want our journey uneventful.

Melissa!

Yes

Start packing anything that we really need but, pack light because we will be on the run.

Okay. Are the kids coming with us?

Yes, of course. Don’t pack clothes, I can buy you guys a whole new wardrobe. Just take something you can’t part with but, your cell phone has to stay here though anything that can easily track back to us.

I just need to take some food and toys that can keep the children busy give me 5 minutes and I will be done.

Okay, only five minutes.

I go into the living room to get Miranda, Josh and Derek to get them pack with the same order I gave Mel.

Told my parents and my siblings to not follow us because their presence will screams out royal blood and we need less attention drawn on us as possible.

Obviously the Mel’s parents can’t come with us so I told them to go to the palace so they will be protected. I don’t want to repeat the same mistake I did with her parents when she was born as Christina.

My brother, Gerald is not going to listen to me obviously and will follow me. I can’t do anything to stop him but, I will not have the twins come with me. Since they will cause numerous problems even if they are intentional or not.

In five minutes everyone was packed and I had them out in the Black BMW SUV with tinted windows out of her.Then I drove them out of the driveway, into the dark night, until I have a destination in mind.

That is Part 10 Guys! Please comment, vote and fan. If you do all three that means the world to me. ---Trisha