DL Part 8

Part 8 

Lost in my past, I totally forgot of an audience watching my reactions that come on and off of my face. Until Michael nudges me, I honestly forgot of everyone in the room.  

          I turn towards my family, trying to have my emotions masked, trying to have the motherly worries and affection which I never felt in my life that are bursting from my chest under rein. This is whole idea of being a mother to a 2 year old is very new to me. If anyone told me before that you will be a mother at 16 years old I would have scoffed off that remark. But, now when I am a mother at 16, well obviously I am not going to run off away from my baby. My precious baby has gone through alot, I am not going to have Mia go through that again.  

          There will be alot of responsibilities that will come with motherhood especially when I am married for only one day. Actually, not really a full day, I was just married last night and now in the middle of the day, I have my child in my arms. Fate is playing games with me. Brings unexpected surprises, no one of them are not welcomed. I would keep repeating this life to have Mia, and then I will happily take all these responsibilities.  

          “Melissa, can I have a word with you, alone.” Derek says meaningfully towards Michael. I nod. Not ready to leave Mia. Get up slowly and gently lie her head on my shoulder. Carry her out with me, Derek and Josh both get up and follow me out the room.  Everyone else remains in the room; no one protested with being left alone, they all know that, my family will want to talk to me alone without any interference with my in-laws.

          Once outside Derek says, “Let’s go to your room upstairs and talk, while you put Mia in bed.”  I nod and start heading upstairs. Pondering on the thought of, what does both Josh and Derek want to talk about. Surprisingly, they both have the same concerns because both of them hardly agree on the same thought.  They always fight on some stupid thing because one thinks one thing and the other the total opposite. It was quite amusing to watch but, when they both have the same thought than that is not amusing anymore. One will think the sky has fallen over because they have the exact thoughts.

          I resign myself to the lecture I will get from both my annoying brothers. Hopefully they won’t bellow loud in enough to get my daughter up.

Once inside my room, I walk up to my bed. With one hand holding the back of Mia and the other are pulling the covers out of the way.  I gently lay her down on my bed. Putting the covers on her. Satisfied with it, I am about to leave when I heard, “Mommy, don’t leave me, please. Did I do something wrong that you are leaving me again.”

          The anguish in her voice tore my heart apart. I turned towards my daughter and picked her up into my arms and said as soothingly as possible, “Sweetheart, you haven’t done anything wrong. You fell asleep so I put you in bed and was leaving to talk to your uncles. But, since you’re not sleeping lets go and see what your uncles want, alright honey.”

          Mia nods but, her death grip on my arms doesn’t lessen. She doesn’t believe that I will stay with her. It’s going to take alot of persuading to make her believe I won’t leave by choice. I honestly have just met my long last daughter, that I didn’t knew existed until now, but I already love her. I will not leave her ever. Not by choice will I. Fates wheel has been turning and the outcomes are surprises for me. But, I hope past won’t repeat itself. Living through the same agony will tear up everything anyone has believed and will show how heartless fate is. One will say you can’t be destined to die again and again. Each time the same outcome, there is always a time when it won’t repeat itself and I believe it’s this one because Mia didn’t wake up from her trance in any other of my births then why in this birth of mine.