Chapter 10

WOO-HOO! Chapter 10 :) This story is starting to come-alive!

Dustin’s POV

******

“Shit” I mumbled to myself, looking at the time it was ‘6:00 AM’

Every since I saw them kiss I can’t concentrate on anything. Opening my door, I peaked out to make sure no one else is awake. I live in my pack house with my family and other pack members, sometimes I wish I had more privacy but I like being around other wolves. James lives here too, he might move out when he finds his mate, and then I will truly feel alone.

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen, pulling a rare steak out of the fridge; I put it in the microwave. Once it was done heating, I sat down at the kitchen table and started chewing it.

“Your mate kisses really well.” I looked up to see Jake leaning against the doorway, how cool does he think he is? Pathetic.

Yes, Jake is part of this pack, I have never liked him. I think he’s a conniving little punk, don’t get me wrong, he does have his good days and he does know how to hide his bad side when he wants to. I guess Julian and his friend see his good side and not his bad. James has never had a problem with him, but they weren’t best friends either.

“He’s not my mate..”

“I know he’s your mate, don’t bother lieing!” He hissed at me.

“Fine he’s my mate.” He chuckled. “But if you know, then why did you kiss him?”

“I did more then kiss him, we’re dating.” He smirked, his words stabbing through my heart.

I shot out of my chair and grabbed him by his shirt collar. His eyes darted at me, and his lips curved into a scowl.

“He’s mine, back off!” He just chuckled again.

“Listen here Dustin, I want Julian, I have for many years. I get what I want, so why don’t YOU back off.” He shouted, making me clench my teeth. “Oh, and if you don’t stay out of my way, I will tell the whole pack that your mate is a guy.”

I let go of his collar. He laughed and headed back upstairs. I can’t let him tell the pack my secret. They might disown me, kick me out, or worse, declare me Omega of the pack. I can’t take that abuse. But I need answers, ignoring my mate can’t be too hard, can it?

I rushed upstairs to my dad’s door. Taking a deep breath, I knocked slowly. I heard a grumble and whispers. Ew I hope they weren’t doing the nasty.

“What do you want!” He shouted opening the door. His face softened when he saw me.

“I’m sorry, I thought you were.. Never mind, come in.” God I hope my brother isn’t as rude when he becomes Alpha.

I took a seat on an oval shaped chair in the corner, my mom and dad sitting on the bed with questioning expressions on their faces.

“So Dustin, why did you come in here at..” He checked his watch “6:30 AM?”

“I just have a few questions.” He nodded. “Ok, well what happens when a wolf finds his mate?” He leaned closer.

“Did you find yours?” he asked quickly.

“No. I just have some questions.”

“Ok, well when a wolf finds their mate they know it. Their wolf tells them, and then you start to get a sudden urge to touch them, talk to them all the time. You will also get insanely jealous by other competition that you might have. Eventually, after a week or so the urge gets so strong that you NEED to mark them. The pull will keep getting stronger until you can’t even function without marking them, so basically it’s mark them or die.” My eyes widened.