Chapter 13

Julian's POV

******

Here I am sitting in English, bored as hell I might add! Dustin hasn't been to school in a week or so, ever since I told him I chose Jake. I really didn't want to choose Jake, actually mine and his relationship has gotten worse over the week! The first few days I thought I'd give the boyfriend life a try, but let

me tell you, it's not easy being Jake's boyfriend! Not easy at all. Three days ago I told him I just wanted to be friends and he got really mad!

"Julian, snap out of it!" I burst out of my thoughts to Em's annoyed voice.

"Sorry, I just can't keep my thoughts in check"

"Yeah and I know why. It's because of Dustin right? Well let me tell you this because i'm your best friend, you're to good for Jake! He's my friend and all but he hasn't always treated his girlfriends right, and i'm worried you'll get hurt!" That's why she's my best friend, she will tell me the truth, straight up how it is.

"Em, I've already been hurt.."

"Let me finish!" she demanded, slapping her hands on her desk, pfft how dramatic. "Dustin accidentally hurt you because you got in the middle of a fight, which he was defending you! Don't let a good guy go like that Julian.." I dropped my head to my desk.

I know she's right, I shouldn't be mad and I shouldn't be with Jake, or whatever he thinks we are, when I have clearly fallen for Dustin Rodriguez. God his name makes my body tingle with excitement.

"Anyhoo, Honey Boo-Boo! Why have you been ignoring me all week? I haven't even seen you in the cafeteria!" My eyes went wide at what Em just said. I forgot i'm not supposed to be talking to her! Caleb will kill me.

"I can't hangout with you at school anymore.." Her eyes went wide.

"Why not?" she yelled, making the teacher look at us when raise her eyebows, "Oh sorry! i'll keep quiet I swear!" I almost burst out laughing, she doesn't care if she pisses off the teacher.

"Do you really want to know?" She nodded like ten times, that's my girl!

Right before I could say anything the bell rang. Ha! The saying 'saved by the bell' is actually true! I rushed out of class and ran down the hall to Chemistry.

------

Chemistry went by extremely slow, Liz kept making weird faces from across the room, that was really the only highlight of the class. Me and Liz have gotten a lot closer this past week. When the bell rang we walked out and down the hall, arm and arm. She would glare at whoever gave me a dirty look, ha how convenient!

"So, how about the cafe today? I've been here a week and we still haven't gone in there!" She squeaked, how do straight men handle these crazy lady's?

"Not today Liz.. Em might be in there."

"Perfect reason to go! I haven't met the famous 'Emily' yet." Before I could

protest she started dragging me down the hallway.

"Liz!" I whined as she dragged me into the entrance of the cafe.

It was packed students and extremely loud! Liz spotted Em and dragged me towards the table I used to sit at for 3 years straight. As we walked towards the table Jake, Miley and Caleb gave me glares of pure hatred. Em gave me a small glare, i'm guessing she is mad about me sprinting out of class. I have officially lost all my friends.

"Hey! I'm Elizabeth, but everyone calls me Liz" She smiled and shaked everyones hand.

"You are gorgeous!" Jake shouted, kissing the centre of her hand, as he gave me an evil smirk. Em smacked him in the arm and Liz gave him the dirtiest look imaginable! Ha sucker!

"Nice try, but i'm a lesbian." She said giving Jake the same evil grin he had given me, ha! Karma! Em spat her water all over Caleb, who was still

glaring daggers at me.

"Are you going to stand there all

day baby? Come sit!" Jake said pulling me to sit beside him. Why can't he realize I don't want him! The whole table gave us odd looks, I guess their thinking the same thing as me.

"So, James, where has Dustin been?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Why do you care?" Jake shouted, clenching his fists.

"I just want to know, and i'm not your babe!" I shouted back. His face went bright red.

A fist came flying at my face and I was tackled to the ground. Jake straddled himself on my hips, keeping me pinned to the ground.

"Listen here Julian, you don't talk to me like that! I own you, whatever I say goes and you're gunna have to get used to that! Or there will be a lot more beatings!" He yelled, and to top it off he punched me one last time before sitting back at the table, as if nothing happened at all.

I go on my feet and sat down at the table. Everyone was too shocked to move, they all just sat there starring at me.

"How dare you!" Em and Liz yelled at the exact same time. They looked at each other, smiled and then shot more glares at Jake, who just sat there with a smile on his face.

"What's with all the angry faces?" A familiar voice asked. I could tell who it was right away.

I turned around and tears started falling down my face faster then rain. Dustin's eyes went wide and he rushed to sit down beside me. He wrapped his arm around me and I buried my face in his chest, he smells really good!

"So what happened to Julian?" Dustin asked the table, rage in his voice. Everyone pointed to Jake.

"What? I gave him a beating to keep him in line."

I could feel Dustin's body shake with anger, and I have a feeling he's about to do something he will regret.

******

I know, I know! Not the longest chapter. I'm sorry for not updating in a week or so, we switched internet providers so I was out of internet for a while, but for now on i'll make sure I at least upload 3 chapters a week! Possibly more if I have the time!