Chapter 20

Julian's POV

********

Ok so this has been a strange week. I was trapped in a cave by Jake, and now I found out Caleb was involved somehow. Em and I were in the hospital for a few days, ironic how we both had head injuries, haha. Oh and Jake and Caleb got away before the cops came, though i'm not sure how Caleb will survive after being stabbed in the neck. Though I still have a feeling this fight is not over..

"Julian?" Em asked from across the table. Oh yeah, i'm in the cafe at my school. I've been zoning out a lot lately trying to think of how this situation got so messed up.

"Yeah i'm here. Just tired, and my dad you know, still being an ass at home."

"Babe your dad will get over it." Dustin said pulling my closer.

"I know boo, I just can't get over how he acted." Yeah, we have all these cute names now. Like boo, babe, hun. I know the school has an issue with us, but I could care less. "Wheres Liz?" I asked, Em looked away.

"She can't have lunch with us anymore."

"And why not?" I put my hands on my hips trying to look like a mom, Dustin laughed.

"Because she's not aloud!" She yelled. The whole cafeteria looked at us awkwardly, "What! Do you guys want an interview? Stop looking at me!" She yelled, picking up her garbage. She got up and stomped out of the cafe.

"Is she ok?" James asked.

"I don't know. I never see her this mad, i'll go to her house later and see what's up."

The rest of lunch went by silent. Dustin and James were talking about football stuff and Liz and Em were who knows where doing who knows what.

"Hi, Julian!" I turned around, and saw a face I honestly didn't expect to see.

"Oh, hey Miley."

"I heard what happened and i'm really sorry for taking James side. I was jealous and angry, and I felt like I failed my mission." She sat down.

"What mission?"

"Did I say mission? Ignore that. Anyway, the point is that i'm sorry." The look in her eyes look sweet and sincere. Everyone deserves second chances right? I gave her a hug, I could feel her smile on my shoulder.

Miley and I were talking the rest of the lunch, filling each other in on things we've missed out on, honestly, I missed her more then I thought. Dustin didn't pay much attention to me, I think he feels like it's sort of his fault that this all happened.

"Well it's time to go to class, want to walk with me?" Miley asked. I smiled and grabbed her hand.

------

Art was so awkward. Liz looked so empty and heartbroken. Maybe this is my chance to find out what happened. I walked over to her seat, I don't think the teacher cared. Everyone has been nice to me, I wouldn't be surprised though. It did end up in the news paper! These reporter bitches have nothing better to do, I guess.

"Liz what happened with you and Em?"

"Nothing." The answer contained no emotion.

"Well something happened, i'm not an idiot." She looked at me blankly.

"I don't have time for this right now." She grabbed her books and stomped out of class.

Honestly? What's with all this drama, I swear this town is turning into an episode of Glee. The bell rang and everyone hurried out of class, I saw Dustin waiting at the door with a frown.