Chapter 8

Julians POV

******

“Julian, I made breakfast!” Trevor yelled, banging on the door.

“I’m coming!” I slid out of bed rubbing my eyes.

I don’t want to go to school today. This weekend was great, besides the drama. Now I’m going back to school and it will probably be like it has been the past three years. Slipping on black skinnies and an Elmo shirt, I ran downstairs, the smell of sausage and scrambled eggs infiltrating my nose.

“Smells great!” I said sitting at the table.  My dad reading a newspaper article about the economy, and Amanda had her face glued to her phone.

“No phones at the table!” I joked, she darted her eyes up fast.

“Wait, what?” Tilting her head in confusion.

“Amanda, that phone will make you miss out of the world!” My dad said trying to keep a serious face she just gave me an odd face.

“Order up!” Trevor said placing plates in front of us all.

We all started eating our food, every since mom passed we don’t really have conversations at meals anymore. I looking over at the chair she used to sit in, made my heart swell and my appetite to disappear. I just started playing with my food.

“Champ, we all miss her, but you need to eat your breakfast. I looked over at him. “You know how your mother felt about food.”

“Yes I know, ‘there are starving people inAfrica’.” I said, this is starting to sound like a broken record. My mom always said that if we ‘tried’ to waste food.

“Football tryouts today! You hyped?” Trevor asked excitedly. I completely forgot about Football tryouts I can’t just not go, I already told me friends I would, but Dustin will be there too. Why does life need to be so hard?

“Uh, yay” I said trying to sound as excited as possible.

“But remember, School comes first! Did you finish that paper you owe your principle?” My dad asked, ruining our fun.

“I forgot, but I’ll finish it now, before Em comes!” I said gulping down my food and rushing to my room.

“I opened my laptop’s word-program and started typing my paragraph.

Why Emily smells like a cow:

By Julian Camero

Emily smells like a cow because she was hatched, on a farm! A cow cross-breaded with a duck, and it created Emily. Yes, she’s a hybrid-human! How did she become human you may ask? Well, no one has that answer; maybe her egg was genetically modified. Her owners came up with a fake name for her, so she could go to school. They originally wanted her to work on the farm, but she was no good at it, so they shipped her off to new parents. Her new parents tell her she’s not adopted, to help protect her from realizing she’s a genetically modified cow-duck.

The End

Laughing, I printed it off and shoved it in my bag. The principle may think I’m immature, well I am actually, but I don’t care! Looking out my window I saw Em’s car in the drive-way. Lugging my bag over my shoulder I rushed down the stairs and out the door.

“Unlock the door, you Nob!” I said trying to pull the passenger door open. Laughing she unlocked it and I hopped in.

“I got you a coffee Honey Boo-Boo!” She shouted passing me my coffee.

“Thanks.” I took a quick sip before she started driving.

“Take another sip, it’s good.” She said winking. I obliged, taking another sip. She pressed down hard on the pedal, making the car go at a blazing speed, spilling coffee on my pants.