Chapter 1

A/N Opening note: I wrote this story years ago. I don’t know why everyone likes it so much? It’s not edited (barely), spelling and grammar mistakes are horrible and chapters are really short. Beats me anyways I started editing some chapters, but not fully. So here I am editing the book AGAIN. Hopefully this is the final time now, I’ll be re-reading and hopefully re-adding stuff into the book. I hope you enjoy :) XO~ Thank you for all the support. I wouldn’t be here without you guys. Can’t believe this book has 1 million reads and 3000+ votes and 1000 comments or so? It’s awesome! Now unto the story...

The Twilight Saga: Firelight.

What if Bella was a vampire when she met Edward? Would everyone be different? Would they still feel the same about each other? Lets find out...

Bella's POV.

****

It's been a week since I first moved in with Charlie; the town of Forks was a quiet place, awfully cold, but quiet. Tomorrow was officially my first day at Forks High. It seems like everyone has been awaiting my arrival; I met a lot of people who go to Forks High, who now can't wait for me to come. I was the new 'eye candy' apparently, or that were Jessica’s words. I met some new friends, Mike, he was a basketball player and I accidentally hit him in the head on my first day. Next was Ben, he was the first person to ever talk to me at the school.

Next was Angela, she was by far my favorite, and last was Jess. All in all, they all seem nice, though I'm pretty sure Mike has a crush on me, since I work at his mother's store; the last time I was at my dads house seemed like an eternity, since my mom remarried to Phil, they were traveling a lot. She stayed home with me most of the time because she didn’t want to leave me alone, but I could tell it upset her, staying home being away from Phil, so I decided it was time to visit Charlie.

"Bella, could you run to the story and get some milk, please?" Charlie called from down the stairs.

I sighed, but got off my bed and headed downstairs. "Yeah, sure dad." I muttered. I headed straight for the door, slipping my shoes onto my feet, I grabbed my coat and put it on.

Charlie walked over to me, and handed me keys and money. I smiled at him, awkwardly, before turning and heading out the door. "Thanks dad," I called after him.

The way to the store wasn't that hard to find, It took me about five minutes to drive. My Chevy wasn't capable of much speed, but I loved my new truck. Charlie had bought it for me, as a homecoming gift from his friend Billy Black.

When I got to the store, I cut the engine. Taking the key out, I hopped out of my  truck, which just so happened to be parked in the farthest spot away from the entrance. Was it ironic that it was near the forest opening? I got the strangest feeling someone was following me, it sent shivers down my spine.

I finally let the paranoia get the best of me, I turned around, thinking it was nothing, hoping no one would be there, but. I was wrong. Two people were standing close by me, a female and a male. The female had flaming reddish- orange hair that was really curly. She looked really beautiful, but something about the way she looked at me scared me. It was like I was something to eat, a play toy? The male had short blonde hair, and looked just as beautiful as the read head.

The male took a deep breath, and smiled at me. "Well, well, well. Look at what we have here, Victoria," He grinned. "She smells even better than the small black haired girl, Alice," He mocked in a musical tone. He winked at me, and took a big step forward.

I backed away from him, already frightened. Run!  The voice in the back of my head yelled at me. I turned, and tried to run, but I only got a few feet away when I came crashing into the female- Victoria? Was that her name? It was like crashing into a brick wall.

I stumbled to the ground, and landed head first. I heard the crack before I felt it, it hurt like a bunch of knives being stabbed into me repeatedly. I could feel the blood rushing out, but I was out cold. I couldn't move, as hard as I tried, I couldn't speak. I could only lay there, and watch them. Were they going to kill me? My vision was not clear, but I could still see them a bit. I could hear them too, my hearing was clear as a bell.

“Lets hurry up and get her in the forest before anyone see’s us.” The female said. The male suddenly bent down, and picked me up. I could feel the coldness of his skin on mine, it was like he stuck his hands in  cold ice water. His hands were freezing! The air flew around me though, as if a helicopter blade was spinning. It was fast. Were they taking me somewhere? I didn't know how fast they were going, or what I was in, but I didn't really care for the matter. All I cared about was my father. Charlie would be worried sick about me! Maybe they'd find my body... eventually. Knowing Charlie, If I wasn't back soon, he'd send a search party for me.

And what about Renee? She’ll flip when she finds out I’m missing! Will she blame Charlie? If I stayed with her maybe all of this wouldn’t of happened.

I felt the wind stop, and heard growls. I could feel the coolness of the male holding me still, but not for long. The wind rushed around me, and with a sudden movement, I was on the ground, causing a loud bang like sound to echo off the trees. I’m guessing thats where we were? The girl did say to bring me into the forest;

I cried out in pain. They just threw me down on the ground? How rude! I guess It didn't really matter anymore. I was going to die one way or another. What a great first day in Forks! Getting murdered was totally at the top of my list; On the plus side, I couldn't hear much. Besides the growling, and hissing, I could hear loud footsteps, like someone was running. I swear I heard the sound of dogs running. Was I going crazy?

Suddenly, I felt the coldness on my skin again, by either the male, or female, I wasn't sure. They grabbed my wrist. Someone hissed, then I heard the lushing tear of someone sinking their teeth into something, and thats when I felt it. I screamed in agony. That something was me!

Then I felt something I didn't expect, and everything went blank.

*****