ஐ Chapter 15

**** UPDATED!!! EDITED****

The Twilight Saga: Firelight

Chapter 15: Jacob Black

*Bella's POV*

I stared into the forest, trying to focus my eyes on what was out there, but that all changed when I heard a voice I hadn’t heard in a long time. “Bella?” A husky familiar voice asked from the forest. I knew if Edward hadn’t of been holding me I would have collapsed. Even though I was a vampire, and I wasn’t clumsy, I knew I would have fallen.

If you haven’t seen a person in years that was a really good friend, you would have collapsed to the door as well? “Jacob!” I half screamed at him. “Jacob you’re here!” His deep-set eyes shadowed under his shaggy black brows, his high cheekbones, his full lips stretched into a wide grin, that’s when his whole face changed. His normal warm brown eyes filled with hatred, anger.

“You didn’t!” He snarled at Edward. I was so confused on what was happening. I glanced at Edward quickly, to see his face. He didn’t show any sign of fear, if anything he seemed amused. I turned my attention back to Jacob.

Jacob was no longer there, a giant brown wolf took his place. What in the world was happening? The thing started running full speed at Edward, but before it could get any closer I growled at it. I got into a crouch in front of Edward, causing the giant beast to stop and stare at his with wide eyes.

Jacob was no longer my best friend, he was a monster. A monster trying to kill Edward, my Edward! My love, my soul mate. But why? Why did he even come here? And why did he start running at Edward? What did he even do? I was too angry to even think about calming myself down to talk with over with him, way to angry. I wanted to make him pay.

I wanted him to suffer, to make him feel the worse possible pain. I wanted him to die. Wait, did I just say that? He’s my best friend! I love him, I can’t just hurt him! But of course I didn’t listen to myself, I was still defensive in front of Edward, and I wasn’t planning on moving one finger.

“How dare you!” I screeched at him, “I will personally kill you if you lay one finger on him, and I mean that Jacob,” I saw the giant wolf roll his big eyes. That’s when Carlisle came out, of course someone had to stop the almost fight! I was ready to kill him, so I was disappointed.

“What is going on here?” Carlisle muttered, while walking out the door. I didn’t pay much attention to him; my eyes were locked on the giant wolf. I refused to call him by his real name; I waited, waited for the perfect opportunity, the moment to leap. Though my eyes never left the giant beast, I answered Carlisle’s question.

“Oh nothing, Carlisle,” I said sarcastically, “I was just about to have Jacob for lunch when you stopped me!” My sarcasm quickly faded when the wolf started walking towards us, I growled. Without even thinking, I lunged for his throat.