Chapter 17

I shook my head frantically at Finn wanting to deny him even as he reached down to take my lips with his.

"Hushhh," he murmured gently in my ear as if trying to sooth my rising panic. I knew I couldn't fight myself for long. Not when temptation stood so close before me.

His arms swept about me and in a dizzying mist tainted heavily by my lust for him. He swept us both away from mother's forbidden library to my chamber. I materialised to find myself on my bed with Finn. I started again to shake my head frantically. I was unable to protest in any other way. My body was already responding by pressing onto his. Clinging to him. Craving for our skin meshed to skin. I trashed against him as the conflict warred within me and I fought harder against myself knowing it was a lost cause from the start not when Finn so boldly conspired against me... for me.

His warm lips when unable to settle on my own feathered kisses down my throat drawing a passionate cry for more to errupt involuntarily from my throat. I trashed some more. Driven to the brinks of insanity as I fought against Finn's soothing encouragement and I fought against me.

I was almost beside myself. Wild with churning need and muttering Finn's name in a neverending chant. My hands swept over him caressingly possessively as my eyes drifted close cloaking my delirium from him. He was mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. I chanted in my mind as reason got complete and utterly banked down in light of my needs.

And I needed Finn. In a way that went beyond mere physical gratification. That went beyond... my eyes fluttered open in shock, as I realised my need for Finn went beyond food.

I cried out in anguish. Tears filling and pouring down my cheeks unfettered. I have failed my ownly one true love.

I have failed to protect Finn from the force that could not only destroy him but be his source of suffering for all time.

I shook my head again wildly even as his lips continued to drift over me raining worshipfull kisses over every bit of flesh uncovered. He was skillfully u ravelling me to his avid gaze and I revelled in the look of naked lust that rivalled my own.

I couldn't hold back anymore. So I told him.

"I love you, Gabriel Finien. I love you with all that is me. Don't do this. Save yourself," I begged sobbing hard and then harder still as his eyes met mine and through the torrent of blinding tears I saw the dead set of his gaze.

"I love you too, Sara James," he said ignoring my pleas.