Chapter 3

"I may be as all powerful as dear mother but what makes you think I am as benevolent as her?"

At William's startled look I clarified further," Mother is never unwilling to medle in the most minute of human affairs. She would be beyond thrill to  be asked to mitigate a potential war. For a price of course. She will ask nothing less for her favours then their souls. And she would be getting those souls regardless. The very fact that he help is sought is indicative enough of the true state of their souls. Afterall only evil will turn to evil for help. So either way with her help or not mother gets their souls. In a round about way that makes her offer of help genuine."

William blinked at me utterly confused. I sighed staring at his delicious face.

"I don't do charities. If the human race wishes to do away with themselves it is nothing to me." I turned away from the enticement that was William and sat furtherest from him.

"I don't believe that."

I looked up at him then and gulped down my wine.

"Believe what you will," I said adamantly.

"I won't sleep with you." William blurted out abruptly.

I stared at him in shocked silence.

"I didn't ask you to," I said finally, unable to say more.

"I know you want to," he said simply. Given any other day and I would have laid it into him for his sheer cheek. His gal! His undeniable ego... but I couldn't. Because he was right. I did want to bed him. I craved sex with anyone with William it would be extraordinary. But I wouldn't do that to William. To him it would be like sleeping with my mother. His mortal enemy. For I was as powerful as her. I was dangerous... to him.

Ever since I returned to my true form William had distanced himself. He had made it clear that while we had been close friends before we could no longer be that close. He was death. He had the ultimate ownership of all the souls on Earth. It was he who dished out death to the living and took away their souls. His very essence was a narcotic to me. Especially when as now he reeked with recent deaths. Deaths with smuts on their souls.

I clenched my hands into fists and smiled at him tightly. No I would no longer help him as I did before. The lesser time I spent with him the better for both our sakes.

I shifted awkwardly and tried not to look at him as if he were the next tasty morsel. Indeed there was only one man I would truely like to have sex with again. But Michael was off limits now. As was even Fin. Both had returned to their maker. Both are under his command. And as such both are detrimental to my wellbeing. Although at times like this when I have been reduced to nothing more than cravings I recall that being fucked by either of them in more ways than one couldn't be any worse than the pain I was already in.

I knew it wouldn't be long before my sanity is called into question. There was afterall only so long one could live a tormented life. But then looking at the man before me... looking at William... a man who has lived an eternity in nothing but torment and yet appeared quite sane. I realise I should gain some comfort in that but alas couldn't only shudder in distaste.

"I will not have sex with you," I repeated again and saw his shoulders relax an inch but then he was on his feet and striding accross my great hall for the exit.

"You will drop this mad idea?"I called out afterhim wanting to know.

But he shook his head even as he strode forward. "Since darkness has opposed to assisting me I intend to ask the light."

"You have not asked mother. She is the ultimate darkness. She will not take it lightly if your request was with only me," I warned softly.

But he spun around at that. His leather boots making purposefully noisy threads accross the polished stone floors. "I will not willingly have anything more to do with that bitch!" He said breathing heavily down at me. I rose to my feet as if magnetically drawn towards him. But I pulled up short just in time.

"I worry for you," I said simply. It was true. William might fear me as much as I fear myself but underneath it all I cared and he knew that. "I don't want you to be hurt. And mother will hurt you. Anyway she can. Go to her first. Don't mention this visit with me. Then if you still must go to the light. Fin would be happy to help I am sure. If not Fin then surely... Michael."

I pretended I had not hesitated in saying his name. That I had not quaked inside with the delicious sensations just thinking of him produced. I thought back to the pure white feather I kept even now beneath my pillow and my yearning to see him intensified.

I shamelessly peeked up at him from time to time. He didn't always know of my presence but I saw him. Mesmerisingly beautiful Michael.

I caught Williams abrupt nod and then he was gone striding threw the doors at a speed as if the very devil was at his back.

And she was.

I clenched my teeth and restrained the urge to chase afterhim and haul him back. Locking him up within these walls... and having my way with him.

I should have warned him never to come back.