Chapter 10

I stared at the man before me. My arch enemy. One who wanted to obliterate my mother and me from having existed at all.

"Can you help me?" I asked frankly, not beating around the bush. "Can you help us?" I clarified further including Michael in on this. For I could tell he was as tormented as I.

"There is nothing to be done. You both share a soul," said God without preamble.

"But there must be something," I muttered unhappily. There had to be some way.

"The only way the two of you can be released from the other is through death of one or the other," said God. "And as you both are immortal. That death is all but impossible. Michael cannot dim his glow around you forever. You never felt the burn as much before when you were with Fin because your mortal side still existed then. But it exists not at all now. You will burn and burn slowly for all eternity. There is no way around it and no way to not burn. As long as your soul recides in him and his in you... you will always burn. Only at sometimes that burn us more than others because of the brightness of his glory. His glory as you know is bound only by his passion and his passion is now... only you."

He didn't wait for my reply and was gone in that instant. I stared at the spot he stood in and blinked. Already having met him was a fuzzy memory. Already the burn of this place was affecting me. I turned to Michael imploringly.

His jaw was tensed and I knew he was disappointed in the outcome. He was quite possibly even angry... at still being bound to me. Unhappy that although he was no longer a cloak he was still not free.. of me and that he would never be free .

"I'll take you back," he said abruptly seeing me begin to wince. I nodded my head and turned to look for Meredith but she had gone hiding in heaven trying to not get drawn back to Earth and her bit of hell with me.

I found I couldn't dredge up the will to drag her back. I couldn't do it to her. At least one of us deserved our freedom. As it couldn't be Michael or me it should at least be Meredith. I would of course not tempt heaven towards accepting her. That she would have to do on her own. Having already skillfully snuck in I was sure she would find a way to remain.

So I turned away and in doing so I released her. Michael took me back only this time he didn't stop outside my lands but within my home itself. Yi accepted him as a part of me for he was that. He was a  missing part of me.

"I will try...," he started to say,".. to hold back on my glory." He stopped to rain wet kisses over my face. I could tell he was not exactly averse to the idea of being stuck to me for all eternity. I felt my own floundering hopes buoyed up. "We could make this work."

He lifted his head finally to look down at me assessingly. I found that we were in my chamber. That at some point through our passionate embrace Michael had moved ys there.

"You don't need any more souls to sustain you. You have me. I will be your nourishment," he said with not a slight tinge of jealousy over Meredith in his throaty rumble.

"Are you saying that you want to move in with me?" I asked Michael incredulously.

"Yes," he said simply leaving me stunned.

"I... I guess we better head out to get those supplies from the witches then," I muttered finally still floundering to find my footing in this sudden turn of events.