Chapter 8

My eyes snapped open as if clock work. I hadn't been asleep only in a healing trance. My system pretty much self sustained. I could go without nourishment of any kind for all eternity and still survive. Only I would be stark mad insane in the process.

Even now I felt the uncontrollable hunger for tormented souls. Surely there were some spare around that mother had not gotten a hold of. I rose shakily to my feet amd went for my staff. I was not up to dressing up this day so I simply tugged on a pair of denim shorts over a white T. Taking along my staff and a bag I moved out quickly. I had to get gone before Michael traced me to my home. I also needed my supplies now more than ever.

I ignored the pull of Meredith's tortured soul who helplessly followed in my wake for I couldn't stop for a feed yet not till I cleared the boundaries of my home and was well on my way. I used my faithfull staff to lean on as I strode determinedly on. I could just mist myself over there but I had planned on visiting a few cemeteries along  the way. There was bound to be a few floating souls about. Ones that William had left out in over his thirty odd years of slacking off.

I could pick some supplies there. Supplies of souls I could suck dry. Nourishment.

I strode on my impatience carrying me along faster then I would have imagined possible but despite my speed he beat me to it. I had not even cleared the boundaries of my land when I felt him there at the other side. But I was too late.The speed of my momentum had already carted me on across the threshold of my protections and right into the arms of the awaiting angel.

"Michael .."

I managed to only say his name shakily before his lips were on mine sealing my breath away.