XVII. Tooth Palace

Hey! I'm really sorry for the delay and everything. I tried to reply to your comments, so most of you know that I have ran into some Writer's block when it comes to this story so I've avoided it. But now I'm gonna start trying to update it because you all seem to love this book and I am really proud of it so far. However, this means that the chapters may seem forced and they might be shorter than usual. On the bright side, this means I can focus on Agatha and Jack's relationship more than before.

Hope you don't hate me too much, enjoy!

TOOTH PALACE

2007 AD

23rd February

Somewhere In The Sky

Agatha had squealed once the sleigh had began to slowly move forward. She remembered the disappointment she felt when the sleigh moved at a snail's pace.

She no longer felt that disappointment. Instead, she felt something along the lines of 'I'm frightened so much I'm screaming, but I'm enjoying myself'. Adrenaline filled her as her hands flew up into the air, a giggle escaping her throat as the sleigh had reached where the flooring turned to ice and now they were slipping down, gaining speed with each second.

Jack chuckled softly from beside her. Agatha assumed that he was having fun too, but if she was to look she would see him staring at her with a fond smile in his face. Jack leaned back, admiring her from a distance. Tooth placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned to look at her, his dopey grin still plastered on his face. She smiled at him and glanced at Agatha before raising her eyebrow teasingly at him.

The blush was easy to spot as Jack was so pale, so it didn't matter that he had waved her arm off and turned around as quickly as he could. Tooth had still seen his red cheeks. Jack found he didn't really care though, as long as she didn't tell Agatha - or Bunny - he would be fine. Besides, no one would believe her anyway. Jack thought he was rather good at hiding it.

He was wrong.

A small groan escaped Agatha's throught and her hands dropped down to her lap as the sleigh reached open air and slowed down to a more steady, relaxing pace. "Crikey, Sheila. There's a few kangaroos loose up in your paddock."

Agatha turned to him, her brows furrowed. She figured it meant something along the lines of 'you're crazy' - as Bunny didn't seem to enjoy the sleigh roller-coaster as much as she did - but she had never heard the expression before.

"How Australian can you get?"

Agatha turned to give Jack what was meant to be a disapproving look, but from Jack's smug smirk she guessed it was more amused than anything. Rolling her eyes, Agatha turned her attention to her hood. It had fallen off during the 'event' but Noir had taken refuge inside the large folds. He let out a soft claw when she tugged on the material and he peeked his head up, looking around to make sure there wouldn't be any more loop-the-loops. Agatha smiled fondly when his wings fluttered to allow him to land on her shoulder where he nestled into her cheek.

North laughed as he hollered over his shoulder, "Glad you liked flight, Agatha! Let's see how you deal with Portal!"

Upon hearing the word, she turned to look at Jack, remembering that she hadn't yelled at him for kidnapping her. It seemed her remembered too as, for the first time she had had the honour to see, Jack looked bashful. He raised his arms in a surrender position as one went to scratch the back of his neck. Agatha didn't get the chance to say anything, much to Jack's relief and Bunny's disappointment, as they suddenly started to swirl around.

Agatha bit her lip and closed her eyes. This was a feeling she doubt she would ever get used to.

Thankfully, it was over soon after it started. Agatha felt something cold on her hand a d when she opened her eyes she saw Jack had laid his on top to let her know it was over. Looking up, she sent him a smile, though she doubt it looked reassuring as she was sure she was slightly green. Jack nodded at her with a small smirk before he released his hand and turned to see where they had arrived.

Agatha turned to do the same, her eyes widening at the sight. A glorious palace stood in the distance, clouds surrounding it and only the tallest of the mountains peeked through them. A smile spread on Agatha's face as she took in the golden patterns and the odd splash of colour. Tooth smiled at her, a proud feeling erupting in her. The palace had never really been the same since Pitch had attacked it all those years ago, but she had done her best. And Agatha's smile quickly got rid of any anxious feelings she had about her seeing the Palace for the first time.

"What are we here for?" Agatha asked as she turned to Jack.

He smiled at her, trying to dim down his excitement. He was clearly looking forward to whatever it was. "Your memories."

"How do we find them?" Agatha asked, confusion erupting within her as her eyebrows furrowed. She remembered about how she had snuck into the Palace long before it was this magnificent, she had tried to find Topolino and had stumbled upon the walls upon walls of names and the small containers under them. "Don't you need to know my last name?"

"Yeah, well, you know how long you've been around. They can't be that many people with the name Agatha from whenever your from."

Agatha furrowed her brows as she gave him an odd look.

His endless stupidity - or is it optimism - never ceases to amaze me.

"Right," she said, drawing the word out to show that she didn't think it would be as easy as he claimed it to be.

Tooth placed a hand on her back reassuringly. "We'll find it. After we've gathered all the Agatha's, you should be able to sense which ones yours."

"And if I can't?" Agatha asked, a small frown on her face. She didn't enjoy the thought of letting her new - could she call them friends yet? - down

"We move on to plan B," Jack shrugged casually, as if it was no big deal. That made Agatha feel slightly better. They were prepared - she should've expected it really. The Guardians had to go through quite a lot, it was no wonder they had back up plans

"Which is?" The small, somewhat confident smile that had found it's way onto Agatha's lips quickly left when Jack remained silent. He whistled awkwardly, pretending he hadn't heard her as he looked away, scratching the back if his neck.

Nevermind.