IV. Kidnapped

KIDNAPPED

2007 AD

February 18th, 12:46

London

Agatha strolled through the streets, her head down her hood up. She kept to herself, not that there was anyone to keep herself from. She just wasn't comfortable with being this close to the mortals.

But she forced herself to stay calm and ignore her fears. That was how you got over them, right?

A snowball.

It came out of no where and skimmed her nose before it smashed into the wall on her left. She watched the snow fall to the ground with wide eyes.

It was almost Spring, there shouldn't be any snow. And even if there was, there wasn't any on the ground.

She turned around, searching for who it belonged to.

Surely no one was aiming for her, she was invisible to everyone.

Did someone believe in her?

Her hopeful, yet fearful, eyes scanned the buildings on the other side of the street, but there was no one there except a few people that took no notice of her.

Her brows furrowed as her gaze wandered upwards. She spotted him. There, perched on top of a building's chimney, was none other than Jack Frost, one of the newest Guardians.

He seemed to be whispering to himself. She squinted at him slightly, trying to make out what it was.

'Don't run. Don't run. Don't run.'

She was about to fly over - she wasn't afraid of spirits, they were dead too - when something glittered in his hand. A snow-globe.

Agatha cursed before breaking out into a sprint.

Not again.

Never again.

They had refused her once, she wasn't going to be rejected again.

''And it ran!'' She heard the Winter spirit say, loudly and over-dramatically. If she wasn't running from him, she might have laughed.

She heard the wind change course, he was flying after her.

Her arms pumped as her bare feet hit the ground, hidden by her large cloak. She egged herself on, her cheeks already puffing. She didn't bother dodging people, she ran straight through them.

She reached open ground and cursed, no where to hide.

Not being able to go backwards, she decided it was worth the chance of running to the other side and joining the busy streets once again.

She let out a yelp as a portal opened in front of her, she tried to stop herself, but she had been going too fast. She tripped and fell forward into the portal.

''Whoops.'' She heard a worried voice say, it was Jack Frost. He had flew in after her before the portal could finish closing.

She was in a crawling position in an unknown location - though, she had a hunch. And it wasn't one she particularly liked.

She looked at her pale hands that were peaking out from under her large sleeves, her fingers sprawled out on the marble floor beneath her. She knew the floor was reflective, yet her reflection wasn't there.

Slowly, she looked up, her white eyes looking like they were floating in a bottomless pit that was her face, hidden in the shadow of her hood.

She recognised the figures easily.