VII. Centre's

CENTRE

2007 AD

20th February, 06:00

North Pole

Okay, Agatha, no need to be nervous. It's not like these people have hated you their entire spirit lives. It's not like you totally ran off last time the tried to have a 'civil' conversation with you. It's not like Bunny detests your very existence or anything...

Yeah, no. This isn't going to go well.

''Jack!'' A jolly voice said from a different room as Jack gracefully landed on the floor of the 'Globe room' having flown in through the window. Jack placed Agatha on the floor, rolling his eyes once he saw she was still glaring at him. The voice then entered the room, not looking up from a delicate ice sculpture in his hands. ''Where've you been?''

Where are the others? . . .

Oh, right, different spirits different habitats different homes. Only North's here. That's not as bad. . . Right?

''Uh, out,'' Jack said, not really having an answer. Somehow, Agatha knew he generally had no idea as to what part of the World they had been in. ''Anyway, I have News.''

''Ah, good,'' North said. ''It is good News, yes?'' He asked, looking up from his creation at last. It was a shame it was finished really, because as soon as North realised their was a third presence in the room, and who it was, the ice fell from his hands, shattering upon hitting the ground.

Agatha gulped, sending North the biggest smile she could muster. It was rather awkward and lopsided. And actually not that big.

North stared at the pieces of ice on the floor in silence. Agatha felt like dissolving into her mist. Jack must have sensed this as he reached back and grabbed her hand to stop her from doing so. Agatha cursed herself, why had she told him that she wasn't able to disappear with another person making contact with her?

Suddenly, North looked up, his arms spreading out. He stared at the two for a split-second longer before erupting into a loud, jolly laugh, his hands going to his stomach as his head went backwards. Agatha jumped at the sudden noise, but apparently it happened a lot as Jack seemed unfazed.

North stopped, cutting his laugh of as his head moved back forward, looking directly at Agatha, who had a hard time fighting off the temptation to hide behind Jack.

''You new Guardian, yes?'' He asked, serious once again.

''Not exactly,'' Jack said, stepping in front of Agatha, like he could read her mind.

''What do you mean, 'not exactly'?'' North asked, raising a furry eyebrow.

''I said I came with News, never said it was something to do with Agatha,'' Jack said, shrugging nonchalantly.

''Then what is she doing here?''

Jack faltered at that, opening his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He closed his mouth, taking a second to think before pointing at North, ''You got me there.''

''How can a name be used as leverage?'' Agatha asked North, finally speaking up as she peered over Jack's shoulder. For once, her voice not wavering.

North looked completely confused over the question. ''You have been here longer than me, no? How would I know when you don't?''

''I figured you would be in contact with Manfred more than me,'' Agatha said.