Chapter 19: Disclosure

The first thing I noticed in Harry was his eyes.

They were not black.

Now they were deep gray. The difference was so big that I could not tear my eyes away.

He did not use his power to teleport. Now we stood on a high mountain, from where almost all of Hell can be seen, especially the pit with fire under our feet.

The sky was covered with darker raspberry clouds. Now everything seemed darker than before.

"What's going on with you?" I asked quietly.

Harry didn't look at me. Something is wrong with him.

"My powers are not returning," Harry said in a trembling voice. I saw that even his hands were trembling.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"I'm running to you, Lord,

For guard.

Do not disappoint me.

You always do what is right.

So come to my aid.

Hear my prayer,

And save me.

Be my rock,

For which I can always hide from adversity.

Be my refuge!

Where I can always hide from troubles."

Someone prayed loudly near a pit full of fire. It was a man. His voice was filled with misery and despair.

"Why is he in Hell?" I asked.

"This man?"

"Yes. So why is he here?"

"He did not value his family. Then he became addicted to alcohol. He was raised by a Christian, but deviated from the faith and succumbed to his desires."

"It seems that now he is sincere."

Harry frowned. "It's no wonder that people who go to Hell become believers. Avery, I told you before that they were just scared."

"How can they not be afraid? I have always been taught that Christianity is the path to forgiveness. Even in the most difficult times, you need to pray. One must hope for forgiveness and atonement for sins, and then God will forgive."

"This is Hell. There is no forgiveness."

I let my gaze wander through the crimson sky before lowering it into a burning hole.

"Come and save me, Lord,

From ferocious and cruel enemies!

I depend on you!

I trust only you!

From the day I've been born, I rely only on you,

You led me through the long road of my life,

And I thank you for everything."

"So we are doomed to stay here forever?" I whispered. "So we will pay for all our sins?"

"No, we are here to be tortured for lack of guilt for our actions."

"Many people are now asking for forgiveness for the sins they committed."

"Irrelevant. Too late for that."

Everything here contradicted each other. The babies killed during the abortion burned in Hell for what they didn't do (it's not their fault that they were killed by their own mothers in the womb), and I absolutely do not understand what the wisest people in the world are here. I know that the world is great and Christianity has touched not every corner of it, and some people were convinced of the existence of the afterlife only after death. But they cannot be blamed for this. How could they even go to hell because of a lack of faith if they were never influenced by God?