Chapter 10: Protector

I was left alone.

However, this terrified me.

I sat down, spreading my legs on one side of the bed, and my feet immediately stepped on the tiled floor. The room had a ghostly atmosphere - wild cold. Hugging myself with my hands, I tried to warm myself, with trembling legs, I took a couple of steps before falling.

I felt that my body had lost its last strength - I was completely weakened.

I curled up on the floor, trying to get my heavy breathing in order and get myself up. For some reason, now I was thinking only about one thing - escape. My mind told me to get out of this cold room.

But where do I need to go then?

I am sure that there was no ladder that could lead me from Hell to Earth or to Paradise. Here I was just Harry's pet. I don't know too much about Hell; I don't even know if there is a way out of here.

While I was considering my escape, I slowly got up from the floor. Getting to my feet, I closed my eyes and again tried to bring myself to my senses. All the time it seemed to me that time froze. I could no longer stand, my legs simply did not hold me; I lay on the bed too long.

With him.

I was scared when I remembered the demon who had appropriated my soul. Without a doubt, he very much scared me. Just the thought of him terrified me.

Avery.

That was his voice.

It sounded like he was whispering in my ear; his voice was constantly in my head. I turned, horrified, thinking that I would find him now; but no one was behind me. The room was not too dark- I could see, but not too well. I was desperately looking for a shadow that looked like Harry's dark silhouette.

But there was nothing. I did not notice a single movement, I did not see anything

I really was alone.

Do not leave the room.

It was his voice again. I flinched when I heard these words, his voice echoing in my head.

"Where are you?" I asked aloud.

It does not matter. Stay in the room and rest. Do not go out.

"Why?"

Now it was heard that he was angry.

Because I said so.

I frowned and involuntarily took a couple of steps toward the door. My mind shouted to me to run out of the room, but for an unknown reason, I moved slowly. And I was wondering what Harry would do.

Avery.

I quickened my pace.

Avery.

His voice looked like a low growl as I approached the door and was ready to open it. But he stopped me again.

"I cannot protect you if you leave this room."

Protect me?

Harry will never protect me. He is my tormentor, he is a demon!

Anger quickly spread over my body, he deceived me once. He knew my

weakness, he knew what I wanted, and he took full advantage of this, thus dragging me into a trap.

I hate him.

"Fuck it," I snarled under my breath; these rude words sounded strange when they flew from my lips, because I had never cursed before. But I think that if I went to Hell, it makes no sense to remain silent.