Chapter 5: Vindictive

I screamed.

I screamed as if they were committing a bloody murder in front of my eyes, still not taking my eyes off the mysterious young man who was sitting in my room at night, I moved back to the head of the bed.

Who is he?

What is he doing here?

And most importantly, how did he end up here?

For some reason I did not understand, he did not panic at all when I started screaming. As a rule, robbers and murderers panic when their victims begin to make noise, because of this they can be caught. But he did not look intimidated.

In fact, his grin was even more stretched out on the lips due to my cries, his behavior surprised me very much.

The door to my bedroom door swung open, my half-asleep granny walked into the room. "What happened, dear? What happened?" Her hair was disheveled and she was still wearing a white nightgown.

She was standing next to me and she could definitely see him. He was to her right.

But granny did not see him. As if he were invisible. I looked at him, now he impatiently drummed his fingers on his knee, licking his lips all the time and looking impatiently at my granny. But he did not say anything.

My grandmother walked her gaze around the room, she looked right at him, but did not see anyone.

"What's happening?"

"Avery?" My grandmother spoke softly.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered, trembling with fright, pulling the blanket, wrapped myself tightly in it. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that when I open them, this man would leave.

But when I opened them, he was already at the foot of my bed. He was much higher than I expected. Frightened, I jerked and hit my back against the headboard, but that only made him laugh.

"She cannot see me," as if nothing had happened, he said, stepping aside. I noticed how strange my grandmother looked at me.

"Can you tell me what happened?" my grandmother asked, nervously waving her arms.

"I don't know what is going on," I said, my eyes did not leave the guy who was already standing, leaning against the wall. He sighed, waved his hand casually, "Tell her to get out of here. I was not joking when I said that we need to talk."

After blinking a couple of times, I tried to perceive all this while my grandmother was sitting on the edge of the bed. Was it a dream or not?

"Did you have a bad dream?" she asked softly.

I nodded weakly, "Yes, I had a very bad dream."

"Want to talk about it?"

"You're lying terribly," the guy added. "I instantly caught on to your lie. Your grandmother is just not a very attentive woman."

I suddenly wanted to hit him hard for insulting my granny, but I didn't. I focused all my attention on the granny, who was now pressing her palm to my forehead, trying to understand if my strange behavior was caused by the disease.

"I'm sorry to wake you," I said guiltily. "I just had a nightmare."

"Was it about what happened" She asked.

I swallowed, tightening my grip on the blanket in my hands, "Yes."

"Do you want a glass of milk? Maybe eat something?"

"No, granny. I think I need to sleep, it will be better. I am very sorry that I woke you," I said, embarrassed, smiling, my eyes unwittingly looking for that guy. Now he was pacing my room, sighing loudly. So I hear his sighs. Why doesn't my granny hear them?