TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
"..."

      THOR LAZILY POURED HIMSELF A DRINK as he stood alone in a furnitured room

THOR LAZILY POURED HIMSELF A DRINK as he stood alone in a furnitured room. As soon as it was clear that Animalia had passed out due to her injury and loss of the Wildlife Stone, there was a select group of Asgardians that were chosen to help the Zelean. They were selected by the new king himself, who wanted people he knew he could trust to help repair the broken fighter.

As he looked up to his reflection in the one mirror within the room, his hand slowly traced out the black eyepatch he now wore. He also recieved medical assistance, an Asgardian that knew what he was doing helping clean the dried blood and open wound. His eye was unfixable from what Hela did.

Though, as he stood there, his battle wounds cleaned and fixed to the best of their ability, his mind lingered on Animalia. The image of the last time she saw her roughly an hour ago being almost scarring. He remembered wanting to fight back as Heimdall urged him to let the Zelean go, wanting to be by her side no matter what happened. He would've forced them to allow him to go too if it hadn't been for Valkyrie.

The Asgardian Warrior had grabbed his arm when she noticed the reaction he had to seeing Animalia being taken away. She forced him back and whispered that'd it'd be better if Animalia woke up and wasn't thrown directly into the horrible situation. That meant hopefully waking up either alone or perhaps with one or two people, not the new Asgardian King who was completely petrified thinking about what could happen to her. And of course, Thor trusted Valkyrie. 

He let out a long sigh as he swirled the alcoholic beverage, bringing it to his lips for a drink only to pause. He stared at the mirror again, watching as his brother stepped around the doorframe, swiftly entering the room with a few steps, hands clasped behind his back with an unreadable stare.

"It suits you," Loki spoke surprisingly with a genuine tone, nodding to the eyepatch that reminded him of Odin.

Thor was suspicious regarding the presence of the God of Mischief, placing his drink of the table in front of him and picking up the stray lid he left. "Maybe your not so bad after all, brother."

Loki did a small nod, his hands fiddling anxiously with the object behind his back. "Maybe not."

"Thank you. If you were here, I might even give you a hug." Thor chucked the lid at his brother with little to no effort, expecting it to bounce through the 'illusion'. Except it didn't.

Loki gave a smirk as he reached up and caught it with ease. "I'm here."

A genuine smile formed on Thor's face, feeling like he could finally relax (apart from the Animalia situation of course). His brother wasn't running anymore, he found new friends on an odd planet and saved his people. He saved the Asgardian race and finally became worthy of the title and throne. He was ready for it.