SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"I thought it was more golden?"

        AS THE SHIP GLIDING THROUGH the galaxy slowly without direction, the four occupants inside had passed out

AS THE SHIP GLIDING THROUGH the galaxy slowly without direction, the four occupants inside had passed out. The speed and heat seemed to have affected them more then one would've thought.

Animalia jolted awake, choking on air as she leaned forward. She coughed abruptly, the action seeming to wake the other three when all four pairs of eyes focused ahead.

"I never thought I'd be back here," Valkyrie admitted with a slow exhale. Animalia glanced sympathetically at her best friend as she stepped to the front of the ship, wanting a better look at the once shinny and perfect city.

Smoke floated and infested the air around the once golden city. The fires were evident in places positioned on the edge of the island, burning with blazes that flowed in the soft gusts of winds.

"I thought it'd be a lot nicer..." Bruce began only to retract his sentence, feeling like it offended the Asgardians. "I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire-"

"I thought it'd be more golden?" Animalia said without hesitation as she leant against Valkyrie's chair specifically. The shinny and shimmering structures as well as golden buildings, that Thor had described, were nowhere to be seen. Leaving empty homes and buildings instead as people ran from Hela in hopes of survival.

"Here, up in the mountains," Valkyrie pointed to one of the screens placed in the middle amongst the control panels. "Heat signatures. People clustered together." Animalia leant forward to get a better look at the hologram of a specific mountain. She easy recognised what the heat signatures were and the green circle that was moving closer must've been Hela. "She's coming for them."

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away-"

"And get yourself killed?" the anxiousness reaching her tone was clear and it did make Animalia slightly embarrassed due to how quickly she replied with the anxious tone.

"The people trapped down there are all that matters," Thor clarified, looking to Animalia with a small smile that was supposed to hold reasurrance. "While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you three to help get everyone off Asgard."

Animalia frowned at his words. The sacrifice play, she should've know the God of Thunder would play that card.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?"

Thor didn't miss a moment to respond as he stared directly ahead. "I have a man on the ground."

🍁🍁🍁

AFTER GETTING TO RAID AN Asgardian armory, Animalia got to realise that would've been something on her bucket list if she had one. So many weapon. Endless possibilities of scenarios that could play out. But of course she wasn't allowed any of the big, powerful weapons, such as the Tesseract.