Chapter 17

Chapter 17

After the kiss

Perseus's PoV

As I closed the distance between us, I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled Diana closer. She kissed back with a lot of intensity and ran her fingers through my hair.

I was kissing Diana.

I brushed my tongue against her lips and slowly they parted open, I pushed my tongue inside her mouth and started exploring her mouth. We stayed like that for a good two minutes before pulling away to breath, we were both gasping for air and blushing heavily.

Diana's cheeks were bright red, my arms were still around her waist and hers around my neck, we stared into each other's eyes.

"This is the part where you ask me to be your girlfriend", she said timidly.

"Oh right!", I said. I cleared my throat, "So Diana will you be my girlfriend?", I asked.

She smiled slight and nodded "of course I will but in one condition"

"Oh, and what would that be?", I said mischievously.

"We keep this a secret", she said as she waved her finger around us.

"Why?", I asked. Completely confused, I mean, what's the point? She wouldn't have her oath after tomorrow. At least that is what I heard from those gossipy nymphs.

"Cause then everyone will think that you took advantage of when I was upset about my oath and asked me out", she said in an obvious voice.

"Ohh, but won't they still feel the same whenever we decide to tell them?", I asked, what difference could it possibly make ?

"Because then they would know that we are in a serious relationship and not just fooling around", she said slowly as if speaking to a kid.

"Oh, that makes sense", I said

"Fooling around eh?", I quickly added just to tease her.

"Get your mind out of the gutter Jackson!", she exclaimed and lightly hit me on the back of my head.

"Ouch", I fake cried. This is fun.

"Shut up", she said

"Make me", I taunted, not anticipating what came next.

"Fine", she said before closing the gap between us, it was a short, sweet kiss but I could feel her melt.

I smiled and kissed her cheek

"Oh, and when I said 'anyone' I was including Artemis and Percy", she said. I get it, she probably wants to keep this to herself without her Greek counterpart probing her all the time.

"Whatever you say", you said and gave a short salute, she giggled.

"So when are you gonna ask your father to release you if your oath?", I asked

"Well, Artemis is getting hers released next week but I will get mine off tomorrow", she explained.

"Cool", was all I said.

"We should go to bed", she said and I nodded my head.

I got up and pulled her up along with me, "come on let's go before the others see us", I said quickly and walked her to her tent.

She turned around to go inside but before she could I pulled her into another short kiss, "This is how I say good night, hope you don't mind", I said and gave her a huge grin.

"N-not at all",She stuttered.

"Aww, Di is stuttering!", I teased

"Okay, point number one I am not stuttering and point number two 'Die'?"

"Yeah, that's your nickname now", I said

"What kind of person has the nickname D-I-E, die?", she asked

I face palmed.

"I don't mean D-I-E or D-Y-E I mean D-I short for Diana", I explained

"Oh, I get it.", she said "Huh, looks like your dumbness is rubbing off on me already",she added

I pouted "Hey, I am not that dumb, I know some stuff"

"Keep telling yourself that", she joked

"Humph, well Good Night to you Diana, I am taking my leave", I said almost mockingly

"Good Night", she said

Before I could turn away however, she pulled me inside her tent and pulled the zipper down.

I gave her a questioning look

"We're dating now which gives you the permission to sleep next to me at night", she said in a 'duh' tone

"Okay", I snapped my fingers and changed into a pair of black trousers and a muscle shirt.

Diana quickly went inside her washroom and came out wearing a tank top and some shorts.

We got into bed and Diana snuggled closer to me as I wrapped my arms around her. I put my face in her hair and I could smell cinnamon with some pine.

"You smell like cinnamon and pine", I whispered

"I know. And you smell like salt water",she replied

"I know", I whispered and she smiled.

I didn't realise how long I had been staring at her and that she had fallen asleep in my arms. I brushed some of her hair from her face and lightly kissed her forehead.

She moved close to me and was now sleeping on top of me with her head on one of my shoulders. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

__________

Diana's PoV

I woke up with my head in Percy's shoulder I shifted slowly and got out of bed.

"Good morning", I heard him say

"Morning!", I replied

"How did you sleep ?",he asked, he was so nice and considerate.

"Good", I replied "You should go before Thalia comes to give her morning report", I said

"Alright, I will see you later", He said and gave me a quick kiss as he ran out of the tent and towards his own.

I quickly got dressed and went outside to check on everyone else. Thalia seemed to be the only one who was up, the others were all asleep.

She walked towards me and eyed me carefully.

"You seem happier than usual, did something happen with Percy lady Diana?", she asked

"What! No, why would something happen between us, we are just friends and nothing more", I replied quickly.

"Hmm, Fine, don't tell me, I will figure it out myself", she said and walked away.

I need to make sure she keeps away from Percy because I know he will blab something out and she will figure it out.

__________

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, It has been a hectic week, next chapter Willa SLO be a few days late, Sorry!