Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Hunters Are Pissed

Percy's PoV

We charged at the monsters as fast as we could, we slashed, kicked, punched, got punched and finally turned them to dust.(A/N : because I am not good at fighting scenes)

I slashed through the last monster as Artemis arrived with the Hunters. She looked furious. Heh! I wonder why?, I thought.(Note the heavily dripping sarcasm)

"Well looks like we won!", I said cheekily while smirking at Artemis. The Warriors cheered and clapped, they had huge grins on their faces. No kidding, they love beating the hunters, although I think most of the rivalry between them is because of the rivalry between me and Artemis.

"No way! You probably cheated!", screamed Phoebe, I really don't like her. The other hunters joined in. Seriously that have a problem if you ask me, my Warriors agree.

"Phoebe, as much as I would like to agree, I can't, I saw them kill the monsters which means they won", Artemis said as she glared at me. Ouch!

"Yeah which means we're the best!", cried Jayden

Oh right, I forgot to tell you the names of my Warriors :

Format: Name, Godly Parent, Age

Jake Abel, Apollo, 16 (Lieutenant)
Steven Dunn, Hermes, 12
Jayden, Hecate, 14
Lucas Prior, Iris, 15
Ryan Johnson, Demeter, 15
Caleb Johnson, Demeter, 15
Alex Turner, Hephaestus, 14
Peter Kavinsky(#tatbilb), Athena, 12
Tom Weller, Aphrodite, 13
John McClaren, Mars, 14
Lawrence Miller, Invidia, 13
Austin Blackwell, Fortuna, 12
Andrew Jennings, Bacchus, 13
Jeremy Willis, Mercury, 16
Nick Walter, Apollo, 16
Cole Woods, Juventas, 11
Jim Harris, Victoria, 11
Adrien Hollow, Thanatos,12

So that's them!

Artemis huffed then turned on her heels and walked away, her hunters followed suit but not before glaring at us and muttering profanities. The Warriors grinned, we walked a little further and decided to settle down in the forest for a few days, it was getting late anyway. We began searching for a place to camp when we finally spotted a good spot. There, we set up camp near a stream and divided up the chores as usual.

I decided to go hunt for some food along with Steven and Jake while the others set up camp. Food was necessary after all, Grover is a walking, talking example of that, don't ask. We walked through the forest for a while after which we saw some deer tracks. We were following the trail of deer footprints, when we finally spotted the deer and Steven shot an arrow at it, the arrow imbedded itself in the deer's leg but I noticed another arrow being fired at the same time, it was hard not to know who it belonged to, silver shaft, pointed end... The hunters, I thought.

Artemis stepped into the clearing looking pissed and not to mention pretty, her lush auburn hair, her smi-SERIOUSLY THESE THOUGHTS NEED TO STOP OR I MAY NEED HELP FROM APHRODITE!!!

"Perseus, what is the meaning of this ?", she asked. She was accompanied by Thalia and Atlanta who just kept their mouth shut. Thalia gave me a disapproving look while Atlanta glared at us.

I gave her my signature lopsided grin and asked in the most innocent voice, "What are you talking about...Arty?", I saw her face turn red as glared at me. I think she was about to go full on 'kill percy' mode and she did. Surprise! Surprise! Well, not exactly, or I would be dead, maybe...

"That's it! We need to sort this matter out with the council, there can only be one group not two, and I think we both know which one that is, come on!", she shouted, she grabbed my hand and teleported away. Her hands were so soft , I could feel heat rising to my cheeks, I don't know why but when I am around Artemis, I feel calm and relaxed, without a care in the world, it just calms me.  I haven't felt like this since Annabitch, I mean-Beth, Annabeth.

When we arrived in the Throne Room the other council members were already present, Zeus and Poseidon gave us a weird look while the council looked at us with a mix of amusement and surprise. I followed their eyes and noticed that we were still holding hands, Oh shit! Was all I could think of at the moment, I blushed hard and tried to clear my head.

Before I could even say something to Artemis, like 'Can I have my hand back?' , she stared ranting off to the council about how my Warriors were stealing her Hunt's job and how I was so annoying and immature.

"Father, I demand that Perseus and his group are shut down immediately!", she exclaimed

"Daughter, calm yourself, we can sort this out in a rational manner and why are you holding his hand?", Zeus questioned

Artemis finally noticed that she was holding my hand as tight as possible and as soon as she did, she let go instantaneously. "It seems that I failed to notice that we were holding hands, someone seemed to be fine with this", she said as she looked at me in a questioning manner. I just shrugged.

She gave a low growl before going to take a seat at her throne. When we were both seated Zeus asked us to explain what happened, we told him everything from the beginning, the council listened patiently although Apollo did snicker when he heard his sister lost to a male. I don't blame him.

Artemis just glared at me the entire time and I simply relaxed in my throne and continued with the story. At the end Zeus just sighed, he told Artemis: "Artemis, just deal with it, Perseus has already helped us a lot and I would appreciate it if you stop bothering him", Artemis looked astonished that her own father would side with a child of Poseidon but hey, it's true!

She just huffed and slumped in her throne, "Fine, but don't expect me to be nice", was all she said as she sneered at me.

__________
Vote and Comment!

Tried to make it longer than usual.

Thanks for reading!