Chapter 13

Guys, I am so sorry that this story is a little too abrupt, I realize that now, please bear with me. I am very sorry that it's going a little off course.

Chapter 13

Nightmares

Artemis's PoV

I can't believe what just happened, how could I have been so distracted that I didn't notice Orion approaching me! Percy is a major distraction, I wish I could just tell him how I feel.

But that would ruin everything, our friendship would never be the same and I might even have to give up my hunters. I couldn't do that to them, I just have to push my feelings back and do what I should do. Forget.

I need to forget I ever liked him, but that's gonna be hard to do, he is basically living with me. My life is so complicated! And since when do I always hang out in my seventeen year old form?!

I changed into my nightgown and pulled the covers over my head as I tried to sleep, unintentionally thinking about a certain god of loyalty.

___________

Percy's PoV

Everyone was tired after fighting the monsters so I volunteered to keep watch along with Thalia. The others quickly agreed and went to bed.

I could see the moon shining brightly and it reminded me Artemis. I wish she could be mine, but sadly she can't, I don't even know if she likes me.

The night was silent and a gentle breeze blew, I sat down near the river and could hear the water gently going downhill, as the water flowed I thought of all the fun times I had with my Warriors, I didn't want to lose them, they were like my brothers.

Thalia walked up to me and sat down beside me, she smiled at me, a genuine smile. "Hey Kelp Head!", she said

"Hey Pinecone Face, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, can't I talk to my favourite cousin?", she asked.

I smirked, "Favourite cousin you say, wait till Nico hears this", I told her.

She rolled her eyes and slapped me lightly on the shoulder, "Shut up", she said

I chuckled.

We were sitting and talking for a while when I heard a scream that sounded like Artemis.

Thalia and I exchanged a look. "Go and see what's up with her and I'll stay here", Thalia told me.

I was about to protest but she glared at me making me turn on my heels and run towards Artemis's tent.

I called out her name from outside the tent but got no answer except a small scream and cries of help.

I unzipped the tent and stepped inside, her room had animal skins here and there covering the walls and some furniture. There were two chairs in the corner of the tent and a small table between them. There was a small closet which I assumed was for her clothes and a bookshelf was just above her bed.

At the end of the tent was another zipper which was probably for the bathroom. And finally there was the four poster, queen size bed made of wood. On the bed, beneath the silver blankets was the seventeen year old sleeping form of Artemis.

She looked lovely as always but she had a worried expression on her face and was twisting and turning in bed all while mumbling something I couldn't make out. She was probably having a nightmare, should I leave? or should I stay? Should I wake her up? Or let her be? Lots of questions were flooding my mind but they were interrupted when Artemis let out a cry.

"Orion stop!",she exclaimed, so that's what she was thinking about, that bastard Orion, the next time I see him, I am gonna make him sorry he was ever born.

I stepped closer to Artemis, and gently placed my hand on her shoulder, I lightly shook her and called out her name.

"Artemis, wake up", I whispered in her ear

She slowly opened up her eyes and looked at me, for a moment she seemed surprised to see me. I was thinking of leaving and telling Thalia to talk to her but that was when she did something completely shocking.

She got up and pulled me into a hug to which I immediately responded, and started sobbing on my shoulder. I had never seen Artemis full out crying, she had shed a few tears when Zoe died but this was extreme.

Zoe

I wonder what she would think of her mistress hugging a boy, she would probably castrate me. But that's not important right now, Artemis was crying her heart out on my shoulder, I slowly soothed her and when she had calmed down asked her what was wrong.

"Percy, he was so close, if you hadn't stopped him, who knows what would have happened?", she said, she sound so scared and hurt that I pulled her into another hug. She seemed so fragile when she was like this, not like when she is angry about something, which is mostly me.

"Artemis, you're safe now, if Orion tries something, I will be there to defend you, I will always be by your side Artemis", she seemed to like what I said and nodded. We were still wrapped around each other. I don't know about Artemis, but I like it like this, all nice and warm.

She looked up at me and we stared at each other for a moment, I felt like I was lost in her beautiful silver eyes, we stared at each other for a while, then, realising what we were doing, Artemis blushed and looked down.

After a moment she looked back up at me and slowly leaned towards me, she placed her soft lips on my cheek, only for a moment, before pulling away and looking back at me.

She smiled, I returned the gesture.

We looked at each other and our faces drew closer, our noses brushed, our lips an inch away from each other, I couldn't take it any more, I slowly drew closer.

__________

My Pothena fanfic readers (Chapter 12) know how this is gonna end ;) for the others, stay tuned!

P.S: Tysm for 3k reads!