Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Goodnight

Artemis's PoV

My mother was waiting just outside the palace gates and greeted us as we entered.

"Artemis, Perseus, I trust that your quest went well?", she asked.

Percy nodded, "Oh it went more than just well", he said and spun me around so our bodies were touching, my face was inches away from his, he slowly leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips before pulling away and grinning like a maniac.

I turned to my mother with a face as red as a tomato, gave her a small, shy smile and quickly scurried inside. I took the turn to my room just in time to see Percy giving the small velvet bag with the tiara to my mother who smiled and said a quick Thank You, either that or she said Rank Blue, but I suppose the first one makes more sense.

______Time Skip______

We were quietly eating dinner with my mother when my mother suddenly spoke. "So Artemis, when will I be getting the good news?", she said.

Percy and I both blushed hard and looked away from each other, she chuckled and continued to eat.

I was the first to finish so I got up to go back to my bedroom and get some rest, I don't know what got into me but as I was passing Percy, I smoothly swept a finger across his back and almost immediately he stiffened a bit. He turned around and gave me a surprised look to which I responded with a small wink. He smirked but kept his mouth shut.

Later that night when I had changed into some shorts and a tank top to get ready to sleep, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in", I called

The doorknob twisted and in walked Percy, with a small grin on his face.

"Hey", he said

"Hey, what are you doing here?", I asked

"Oh nothing, just came to say goodnight", he responded

"Oh, okay then, goodnight Percy", I said

He chuckled.

"What's so funny?", I asked

"Nothing, I just keep forgetting the fact that we just started dating", he said

"Okay?"

He stepped closer to me, He put my hair on one side of my shoulder, his nose nuzzled my neck, he softly kissed my jaw and then my ear "This is how I say goodnight", he whispered before pulling me in for a short, sweet kiss. I was starting to get used to this, it wasn't so bad.

I was looking rather flustered but pulled my self together, "Goodnight", I managed to say.

He nodded and turned around to leave, "Hey Percy", I started, he turned around and gave me a questioning look. "You can sleep here tonight", I continued, he looked a little surprised. "If you want", I quickly added.

"Sure if it's okay with you", he said

"It is"

We got into bed but Percy kept a considerable distance from me, as I drifted off, I moved closer to him and he instinctively wrapped his arms around my waist.

Percy's PoV

I woke up to the scent of cinnamon and pine cones, as I looked down I noticed that Artemis was snuggled next to me, sleeping silently.

I quickly released her from my grip, I wasn't sure how she would react if she woke up and saw us in this position.

"You didn't have to let go", she said. My eyes widened, she was awake.

"Well in that case", I said as I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning to you too Percy", she said as she slipped out of my embrace and made her way to the washroom to freshen up, I quickly left to get dressed too.

After we were dressed, we said a quick goodbye to Leto and flashed back to Olympus to see what we had missed and to tell everyone that we were dating. Are dating.

Artemis's PoV

We flashed directly into the Throne Room and saw that everyone was already present, everyone had a worried expression on their faces and some were glancing around the room nervously.

"Nice to see that the two of you are back", my father said. "Take a seat, we have lots to discuss"

We went to our respective thrones and sat down.

"We have got some terrible news, the primordial Erebus has decided to attack Camp HalfBlood next week, he will be arriving with all of his forces to tear it down to pieces", my father said.

"The advantage that we have here is the fact that since Erebus is fighting too, we can step into the battlefield as well", Athena explained.

"So what are we supposed to do ?", asked Percy.

"At the moment? The only thing we can do, take away Artemis's oath like the prophecy said", Athena answered

Normally I would be completely against this idea, but now that I am in an actual relationship with Percy, I didn't see anything wrong with this idea.

I nodded, "Let's get to it then", I said

"You have nothing to say? No shouts of protest? No throwing a tantrum?", my father said, seemingly surprised.

"Well I am already dating someone and getting rid of my oath just helps", I stated in an obvious tone.

"Wait, you're dating?!", Apollo almost shouted, he had a mix of anger and surprise on his face.

"Who is it? I will beat him to pulp!", Apollo exclaimed.

Before I could tell him or say anything for that matter, my father interrupted, "Calm yourself my son, Artemis, is it who I think it is?", it was obvious that he was thinking of Percy so I just nodded.

He smirked, "I thought you didn't like him"

"That was a long time ago"

"It was a few weeks back"

"Will someone just tell me who it is?!", Athena interrupted

"Sure", I said as I got up from my throne and went towards Percy. All eyes were on me, Percy just looked amused. I went towards him and sat on his lap as I slowly pulled him in for a kiss.

__________

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in forever.

QUESTION: Do you guys wanna see everyone's reaction to Percy and Artemis dating or should I just skip it?

XoXo💋