Overprotective Moms! Mantis Lords X Male! Reader

N/A; i named the mantis lords, Nullow, Uiona, Retuquia :)

.

.

.

Y/N walked sullenly among the rustic hallways of the Mantis Village, or what he called it, home.

He was the daughter of Uiona, one of the Mantis Lords. Uiona, or Mom as Y/N called her was in other words, one of the three rulers of the Mantis Tribe. Her sisters and Y/N's aunts, Retuquia and Nullow were the other rulers.

Retuquia was probably the most strict of the three, the main leader of the tribe. She had narrow eyes and a thin face, along with a very thin patience. Nullow was the 'fluffiest'; She always spoiled Y/N, and joked with him. She acted more like a cousin to him, reasoning with her sisters that since Y/N didn't have any actual siblings or cousins, she might as well be one to him. (And since Y/N looked extremly different then the rest of the kids in the tribe, instead resembling his aunts and mother, the other kids did not want to play with him. RuDolPH? nAnI?-) She was very easy to get along with too, but despite her very childish and kind personality, in battle she was an absolute beast. At least- that's what everyone had told Y/N.

Then there was Mom. Uiona, the 2nd most superior leader of the tribe. She was very worrisome and anxious and never let Y/N do anything! Y/N humphed just thinking about it. She was way too over protective. In fact, all of them were. Whenever Y/N tried to go anywhere past the DeepNest Gate or up into the main part of Fungal Wastes, Retuquia would leture him for hours after, Nullow would give him sullen looks and pout and his mom would freak out.

They were all a clawful and because of them being so clingy and over protective of Y/N, he hadn't seen any of the rest of Fungal Wastes or DeepNest. He groaned, scraping his growing horns along the wooden wall beside him as he thought begrudgingly about his mother and aunts.

They had no reason to act like that... He didn't know why they did. Maybe it was because he was one of the youngest in the tribe? No, there were others his age. He couldn't figure them out. Just as he was turning the corner though, lost in his thoughts, he collided head first with someone.

He yelped as the force drew him backwards a bit, not by much because of his horns being mostly stuck in the wooden wall, but it still had it's impact. Y/N then shook his head (Also obviously prying his horns away from the wood in the process) and looked up to see who had bumped into him.

Nullow was standing before him, swaying from side to side a bit but eventually she perked up as she realized it was Y/N standing in front of her. "Oh!" She gave a delighted squeal as she ran towards the grumpy young mantis and enveloping him into a giant bear hug. "Y/N! It's been so longg~" She whinned as she swayed him around in her large claws. Y/N rolled his eyes and stuggled to get away from his excited aunt. "Aunt Nullow, it's been 8 hours since I've last seen and talked to you."

She pouted. "That's a long time! Plus, I told you, you don't have to call me Aunt Nullow. Nullow is just fine." Y/N shrugged and tried to slide past his fluffy aunt. She, however, stuck out one of her large claws in front of him and gave him a suspicious side glare. "Where are you going?" She asked, the childish demeanor she had once had in her voice gone.

Y/N shivered. Not only was Nullow scary in battle, when she wanted to know something or she was frustrated and so forth, she truly got scary. Y/N gulped and averted his gaze from her searching one. "I- uh... I was going- for a- walk...?" He tried to make it as believable as possible, but found his voice stuttering. He mentally cursed himself for it as Nullow studied him with birdlike eyes.

She closed them after a moment, letting out a breathy sigh as her head shook. "You're trying to sneak out again, weren't you." It wasn't really a question from the way Nullow had sounded it. Y/N swallowed and tried to slide under her large claws, but she just slid them down with him, and up as he went up. He grumbled and looked back at his aunt, who was now watching him with half disapproving and half amused eyes.