Hornet X Reader

.

.

.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Y/N sighed, sitting on a cliff over Greenpath. A small MossCreep crawled over her lap, cooing trilling. Y/N tickled the leaves on it's back, giggling playfully. It purred with delight but then perked up, it's antennas sticking up and looked behind Y/N. Y/N frowned at the little creature. "What is it?" Then she looked behind herself and slightly blushed, seeing who stood there.

Hornet was standing right behind her, her sharp needle glinting in the sunsets glare. Honestly though, if Y/N were to tell you the truth, she did- kinda- maybe like Hornet? Like- LIKE like Hornet. There was just something about the bug in the silky red dress that stood out to Y/N. She loved Hornet's personality, the way she was brave and loyal, and was extremely skilled with her weapon. Y/N blushed as she realized she had been staring at Hornet and looked away quickly, hoping the bug hadn't noticed.

Hornet smirked and sat down next to Y/N, setting her needle down beside her. Y/N tried to keep the blushing under control and just sighed, looking out plainly at the sunset. "S-so, how are you tonight, Hornet?" Hornet cast her a side glance. (GIT GUD-) "I'm gud." Y/N smiled and looked quickly over at Hornet. "That's great." Hornet fiddled with her nail. "So, um... I have to go on patrol tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come with me...?"

Hornet looked down quickly. "It's fine, if not, I can always as Ghost or someone else..." She trailed off at the end. (For those of you who might not know, Ghost is one of the names the playable character has UwU I believe Hornet also calls them that) Y/N looked at Hornet and put her hand (iDk WhaT a BuG haND iS CaLleD, a pInCeR?-) "Of course I'll come! I love spending time with you!"

Hornet looked up at her, her eyes bright with glee. "Really? Thank you. I- I like spending time with you too." Y/N blushed. "Yeah- Y-you're an amazing bug, Hornet..." A light blush appeared on Hornet's white mask like face. (Idk if it's her actual face bc a lot of bugs in Hollowknight wear masks, but let's just pretend she can blush ( ⸝⸝⸝⸝ )⁾⁾ Hornet then glanced down for a second at her lap and then scooted over closer to Y/N.

"Thanks for being my friend..." And with that she rested her head on top of Y/N's, seeing that she was taller, mostly because of her horns but nonetheless, still taller. Y/N's blush strengthened but after a few seconds, she relaxed and leaned into Hornet. "Hornet- I-" Hornet opened one eye and looked down at her. "Yeah?" Y/N took a deep breath, then ducked out from under Hornet's head and gave her a light kiss on the mouth.

She pulled back quickly. "I love you-" Hornet's eyes widened but they held a happy expression in the depths of them. The Gendered Child then leaned back in towards Y/N and kissed her forehead lightly and then rested her forehead on Y/N's. "I do too." And they both sat there like that, resting on each-other till it was time for their patrol.

.

.

.