Chapter 64

Ashton

"Oh my God." I hear myself say over the music.

She's here.

My angel.

My badass.

My love.

My baby girl.

She's in the same room as me. On stage. Doing what she loves.

And I get to witness it with my own two eyes.

I see her smiling and dancing with her entourage and it makes my heart skip a beat. She spins around on her heels and ends her opening song in an extremely sexy pose, causing me to cheer as loud as I can. I hear background music start and the dancers disperse, leaving Juliet center stage.

"What's up Los Angeles?" She asks into the microphone. As she fixes her ear piece, the crowd cheers. I am fixated on her. "Are you ready to have a good time?" I cheer along with the crowd this time and see her smile, causing me to do the same thing. "Now this performance is very special to me. This concert is the last show of my first tour and on top of that, it's sold out!"

The crowd engulfs her in cheers and I yell with them. I am so proud of her.

"Thank you guys so much for your support." She turns around and faces her band. "Let's go!" As soon as she yells this, the music starts and everyone starts cheering.

I recognize the song from years ago but still smile at the fact that she is smiling.

------

After a few songs, one of her dancers brings a stool out to her and whispers something into her ear, causing her to laugh.

I love her laugh.

"Alright. We're going to slow things down a little bit. This is Moonlight."

"I love you!" I hear a girl yell from the audience.

"I love you too." She says into the microphone to reply to the girl. The fan screams at the top of her lungs, causing everyone to laugh.

Instruments start to play in the background and I know what song it is. Someone played it for me in the hospital. I remember hearing her sing this.

"The sun is setting and you're right here by my side
And the movie is playing, but we won't be watching tonight
Every look, every touch makes me wanna give you my heart
I'd be crushin' on you, baby
Stay the way you are

'Cause I never knew, I never knew
You could have moonlight in your hands
'Til the night I held you
In the moonlight
Moonlight

I kiss his fingertips
As I'm wishing he's all mine
He's giving me Elvis
With some James Dean in his eyes
Puts his lips on my neck
Makes me want to give him my body
I'd be fallin' for you, baby
And I just can't stop

'Cause I never knew, I never knew
You could have moonlight in your hands
'Til the night I held you
You are my moonlight
Moonlight
Baby I'd be fallin'
You're my moonlight
Moonlight

He's so bossy
He makes me dance
Tryna sit on the back of his whip
And just cancel my plans
Sweet like candy, baby
But he's such a man
He knows just what it does
When he's holding me tight
And he calls me 'Moonlight' too"

I start the cheering with my scream and everyone follows. I feel water stream down my face and quickly wipe it away before anyone can see. She has changed so much. She's gone from the broken seventeen-year-old girl to a beautiful twenty-four-year-old. I am so honored to be in love with such an amazing girl.