Chapter 58

Juliet

One Month Later

"What's good, New York!" I say into the microphone as I run on stage. The crowds cheers engulf my ears, however I can still hear the clacking of my thigh high boots on the stage. "Are you ready to have a good time tonight?"

And with that, the band starts playing Be Alright and my backup dancers come out from the wings. I start singing and dancing along with the music and feel like I have so much energy. I'm holding notes I never usually held and doing high belts. I've never been this outgoing on stage before. I start dancing with one of my backup dancers and feel as light as air.

"You go, girl!" Chris, one of my backup dancers, yells over the music as we dance. I start giggling and continue singing into the microphone.

------

After a few fast pace songs, I run backstage for a quick change. I get out of my first act costume and slide on a glittery red dress that looks like a piece of art. When I return to the stage, I walk to the platform by the band and get my water. When I turn back around, I see people setting up the microphone stand, preparing for the slow song that I wrote earlier this month.

It took a lot out of me to write this next song. It's, of course, about Ashton. But instead of saying how much he hurt me, this is saying how much I want to be his. This song is telling the world that I'm in love and that I don't want to love anyone else but him.

Walking to the stand and adjusting the height, I prepare myself for a hell of a lot of emotion.

"Okay, guys." I start telling the audience. Most of the people are waiting for me to speak, but others keep cheering and screaming.

"We're going to slow things down for a few minutes. This next song is um..." I clear my throat and try to hold it together. I remember when I was holding Ashton's bleeding body in my arms and he asked me to sing to him. He waited until I was finished to let go. I want to make him proud of me. I place my hand over the perfect piece of jewelry around my neck and find the strength to finish what I was saying.

"This song is one of my favorites. It is very... very near and dear to my heart because it is dedicated to someone very special. This is Moonlight."

I nod back to the band and hear them start playing the song I wrote especially for the man that I love.

"The sun is setting and you're right here by my side

And the movie is playing, but we won't be watching tonight

Every look, every touch makes me wanna give you my heart

I'd be crushin' on you, baby

Stay the way you are

'Cause I never knew, I never knew

You could have moonlight in your hands

'Til the night I held you

In the moonlight

Moonlight

I kiss his fingertips

As I'm wishing he's all mine

He's giving me Elvis, with some James Dean in his eyes

Puts his lips on my neck

Makes me want to give him my body

I'd be fallin' for you, baby

And I just can't stop

'Cause I never knew, I never knew

You could have moonlight in your hands