Chapter 13

I woke when the rays of the sun pierced my eyes even when they were closed. I rolled over to try and doze back off but felt a pain in my lower region. Almost instantly the memories from the night before rushed back to me.

I quickly dart up and look around the room before looking next to me on the bed. Nothing. Mason wasn't here anymore. The thought deflated me a little before I realized that I needed to talk to Cassie about it.

Trying to be sneaky about it I search the library first. Of course, she isn't there. Next, the living room since she's the only soul that I know who uses it in the house. Still nothing. Where is this girl? There was one more place to look but I was scared V might be there too.

Deciding to throw caution to the wind I quickly run and make it to V's office. I give a quick knock and wait to be told to enter. "Come in." Cassie's sing-song voice chorus in the room. Thank God.

I open the door and see Cassie look up before she beams at me. "Oh my God! You have to tell me everything!" I'm pretty sure I'm deaf in one ear after how loud she screamed at me.

Without time to even think Cassie had already pulled me to the couch in the office and pulled me into a hug. "I'm so happy for you Sandra. Come on tell me. Obviously, he mated you. The scent alone lets you know but also..." She trailed off as she pointed to her neck.

I run both my hands up the side of my neck before I felt a slight pain on my right side. So he did mate me. I was too hazy to remember most things about last night. I smile a little sad before I look up at her. "Oh no. What's wrong?" She asks completely worried.

"I mean it's nothing. Yesterday was great but-" I didn't get to finish before Cassie cut me off. "But what?"

I give her a side glance and she pouts as she crosses her arms. "Like I was saying, when he came to me he was drunk. Then when I woke up this morning he wasn't there."

"Oh," was all Cassie could come up with.

Normally she is the beam of positivity that I need to try and navigate Mason. However, in this situation, she is just as lost as I am.

Her reaction kicks my brain into overdrive. I begin to think of every possible reason for why he came to me last night, why we mated, and why he wasn't there when I woke up. None of those reasons were good.

Cassie just shook her head before she got up from the chair. She hopped over the table and grabbed my shoulders. "Stop that."

"What?" I say purely from

I wish that were true. I wanted to listen to what Cassie said. My mind on the other hand kicked into overdrive.
A million thoughts swarmed into my brain. Only a few were positive. This made me worry more. I opened my mouth to say something to Cassie before the door to the study opened.