Chapter 7

Never thought the day would come that I would start writing this again...and here I am. Writing in the same place I started. Guess I've come full circle. Won't promise regular updates but I will finish this story.

Pulling up to the house I felt the feeling of comfort from the familiarity of my home. Standing on the front steps was Smiley, a megawatt smile plastered on his face.

The car comes to a stop and I happily get out and head towards the steps.

"Welcome home." That's all Smiley said before he opened the front door and walked inside.

I stopped to look behind me to see if everyone else was ready to go. They all just looked at me waiting to lead the way. I quickly nodded and stepped inside.

"Dr. Billings is expecting your arrival. I'm sure you remember the way."

Leave it to Smiley to try and be funny. I scoff at him as I make my way down the hall that leads to the infirmary. The entire walk is eerily quiet. I'm not sure if it's because they are in an unknown place or the nerves of the upcoming test.

I take a breath of relief as I step into the infirmary, Dr. Billings fully insight.

"Alexandra dear, how I've missed you. How are things going at the new pack?" Dr. Billings looked at me with his signature smirk of knowing while looking at me over his wire-rimmed glasses.

"Well, now that Avery is there to help. We are here for another reason though." I bit out the last part motioning with my head behind me.

"Oh right! The DNA test." How did this man forget about that?

"How does this work exactly?"
I'm shocked Mason was asking. Dr. Billings didn't seem to mind. Instead, he seemed excited to explain it to everyone.

"See it took me a while to figure out wolf DNA."
Hearing that sentence I quickly sit down in one of the seats knowing this will be a while.

"First thing that I found is that werewolves have 78 chromosomes like their animal counterparts. Humans on the other hand only have 46 chromosomes. However, since werewolves and humans are more closely related than wolves and humans you can still mate and bear children."

I'm not going to lie. I was actually finding all of this interesting. Dr. Billings seriously seems to understand werewolves better than we know ourselves. I had no idea I had 78 chromosomes.

"These mixed children or half breeds then have 62 chromosomes. The average of their two parents. So like with every other child, they have traits from their mother and father. I just have to match their wolf genetics with that of their father."

Fascinating. Dr. Billings is just fascinating. Looking around I think everyone agrees. They all look at him in awe and a little confused.

"Well, I trust him," Blaine says dropping the bags onto the floor.

I don't know why he was holding them so long. Mason rolled his eyes before he looked back at the doctor.

"So what do you need us to do?"
"It's the same as any other DNA test. Cheek swab and a few days to run the tests."

Mason just nodded as he walked towards the doctor. Dr. Billings held his hands up to make Mason stop.

"Teddy will come in a moment to take the samples. It was nice meeting you all and I'll let Luna know when the results are ready." A sweet little smile and he had left the room.

Everyone looked amongst each other a little confused before Blaine spoke up again. "I really like him."

There was a loud bang from Teddy crashing into the room. He huffed as he pushed himself up off the floor.

"Sorry about that. I can be a little clumsy at times." Teddy rubbed the back of his neck before he pulled on his gloves and opened the swab package.

"So who's first?"
Mason stepped up and opened his mouth.

Teddy took his sample and sealed it. He opened the next one and Michelle stepped up and opened her mouth.

After taking her sample Teddy looked at the baby and grimaced. "Ugh...can you hold her mouth open?"

Michelle nodded before she opened Harmony's mouth. Harmony started to cry which made Teddy hurry his collection.

With a sigh of relief, Teddy smiled. "Okay! All done. I'm sure Luna will let you know when the doctor finishes his test."

"Thanks, Teddy. I'll stop by after they get settled to catch up."
Teddy nodded at me with a smile before he turned on his heel towards the door. He took one step and stopped.
I tilt my head to the side a little confused.

"Blaine!"
Mason yelled making Blaine come towards him. "Grab the bags. We need to get ready to go."
Blaine didn't answer. Not even a smart comment.

I look to make sure Teddy is okay but he is long gone. I mindlink Cassie so we can talk and to see if something is up with Teddy.

"Ugh, what do you want now?"
She asks me with fake annoyance. "First off we have a lot to talk about. Second...is something going on with Teddy?"
"Not that I know of. But I'm in V's office so you can come here."

This chick. I leave the infirmary and realize that everyone else is following me as well. I stop and look back at them.

"Yes?"
"We don't know where we are going."
Mason had a point but I don't know where they are going either. As if he was summoned Ghost comes into the hallway.

"Follow me to your rooms. Alexandra, Luna wants to see you in the office."
I nod and start to walk. We all go down the hall to the foyer. I head towards the hallway where V's office is before I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"Can I talk to you later?" Mason asked me with a sullen voice. I nod and pull away. "After I'm done with Cassie."
"Thanks, Angel."

I give a weak smile before I head off to the office. Two quick knocks and Cassie throws open the door.

"Sandara!!! Talk to me!"
I roll my eyes as she pulls me into the room.
I sit on the chair opposite V's desk and look around. Where is he at?

"So..."
I sigh as I looked at Cassie. "I'm so confused."
She raises her left eyebrow at me in confusion. "Well he says he doesn't love me and doesn't know if he wants to be my mate but he calls me Angel and says that he likes having me around because it's a comfort for him. I just don't get him."

Cassie just nodded and didn't say anything except 'umm hmm'.
"I need more than 'umm hmm' woman! Help me!" I grabbed Cassie's shoulders and started to shake her.

When I stopped after a while she just looked at me wide-eyed. "Ugh...yeah. I really don't know. Also not pregnant by the way."
I totally forgot about that. "Oh, I forgot. So what was wrong?"

Cassie pulled away and sat down in V's chair again before she kept talking. "Nothing. Hormone levels are fine and my baby factory is working. They think that since I'm late with everything else like shifting, I'm probably just late for my heat too."

She shrugged it off like it was no big deal. "But it sounds like you guys have made progress. Just keep doing what you're doing."

Hoping silently like this baby isn't his and then comforting him when he tells me that she wants her to be his. Piece of cake.