Chapter 21

I'm currently standing in my old school's gym and it feels weird being back here. There are a lot of memories here. I find it weird that Alexandra told me to meet everyone here for training. 

Looking around I hear as the gym door opens. I turn around to see Nick. Of course, he would come before Avery and Alexandra. I'm sure this will be awkward until the other two come around.

"Look who learned to come on time. Couldn't do that for class last I remembered." Nick already has to start. I don't really expect less.

"I graduated." I shot back. "I'm sure we're meeting here because you just got out of class, right?"

Nick took in a deep breath and I could tell he was getting annoyed. I wasn't even trying to get under his skin. It's just weird between us. 

"What's it matter? I didn't backstab my father to get the Alpha position quicker." Here goes Mr. Perfect thinking he knows everything.

I just roll my eyes in response. "Definitely not. I just wanted to have fun and live my life. Not deal with this crap. You'll know when you finally get to be an Alpha."

Nick growled and I didn't know why he was getting so upset. Maybe because he knows his dad is an overbearing and overconfident fool who will hold on to his title past his prime. However, if this training is going to work we need to be cordial at the very least. 

"We are supposed to practice, right? Why not start now?"

***********

"Avery, do you really think this is a good idea?" I ask as I look on at Mason and Nick argue.

"But of course. I'm sure you sensed the hostility between them. We have to let them hash it out themselves before we can start training properly." Avery just watches them as well. Not even looking at me as he talked.

Everything was his idea. The gym. Them meeting here without us. But, here we are still watching because he must be a little worried as well. How bad is it between them and why?

"We are supposed to practice, right? Why not start now?" Nick says to Mason and I can't help but look over to Avery to see if he's going to stop it.

He has the same look with the same stance. I realize that he intends to let them fight. I watch on worried about how far he will let this go.

"I don't think just beating the hell out of each other is really practice," Mason says and I feel relieved. I really don't want to see them fighting. 

Nick just laughed before looking back to Mason. "Wow. So scared to fight now."

"I'm not scared to fight. Just don't see the point in fighting you." Hearing that, I knew Nick would be riled up. Sadly, I don't think that was Mason's intention. 

Nick scoffed before he started to close the gap between himself and Mason. "Why don't I make a point?"

"Listen-" Mason stopped once Nick pushed him. He held his head slightly to the side like he was thinking. Nick was smirking at him. "We're not doing this."

"Doing what? Because last I checked you were okay with doing everything and everyone." Oh, I'm sure that might just do it.

When Mason chuckled to himself I knew that there was going to be trouble. "Right, remember Cassie's not here to save you."

"Funny. I'm sure you're the one who's going to need her." I grip the railing tighter and Nick and Mason take their shirts off. Do they plan to fight in their wolf form?

Now I look to Avery again. He's not worried but his hands aren't behind his back. So he doesn't want them fighting in wolf form either. After a few moments, he goes back to his original stance.