Chapter 10

Hello all. It's been so long. Nothing like quarantine to help make time for writing. I might actually get some writing done this week. However, this is a filler chapter but I promise the next one will make up for it. So enjoy while they last.

I rush to Brett's office to find Cassie. Of course, she isn't there. So I hurriedly mindlink her to find out where she's at.

"Cassie! Where the hell are you?"

"There's this tiny little room called the living room. It's weird that no one ever seems to use it here."

I roll my eyes as I hear her sarcastic comment. "10-4. I'm on my way so you better not leave."

I quickly dart towards the living room nearly running into a few other pack members on my way. When I finally arrive I see that Teddy is sitting there on the couch with her. Perfect.

"You will never guess what," I state with a little too much enthusiasm in my voice. "You're going on a picnic with Mason."

I was completely stunned by her response. How did she know that? I opened my mouth to ask but she cut me off before I could start. "Well, I and Teddy are coming too."

"So you're the one who invited yourself!" It was like the lightbulb finally went off in my head. I don't know how I didn't put this together sooner. Only Cassie would interject herself into these kinds of things.

Cassie shrugged nonchalantly. "Guilty. I figured you and Teddy would like some backup."

She just kept looking at me as she twirled her pen around in her fingers waiting for me to answer her.

"Thanks." Teddy and I both stated simultaneously.

I guess we both felt relief having Cassie there. Getting to know your mate is stressful. It helps that Cassie already knows that and could act as a bridge to help connect us. She has been extremely helpful with me and Mason so I know she will be extremely helpful with Blaine and Teddy as well.

"Anyways we need to figure out what we are going to bring. I'm pretty sure the girls are supposed to get the food." Cassie paused and looked over at Teddy. "And Teddy." She stated with a light chuckle.

Teddy looked more worried. "I don't know what he likes though?"

Cassie wore a devilish grin as she looked at both of us. "That's why I'm here."

****************************

I nervously waited in the foyer so we could go to the picnic. Blaine was already annoying me and I couldn't believe Cassie thought bringing him was a good idea. The other wolf...Boss, I think she called him, was so quiet I wouldn't be shocked if he was a mute. I can already tell this is going to be the worst picnic ever.

Sighing to myself I hear a high-pitched squeal that made all of us look up at the top of the staircase. Alexandra was holding on to the railing while Teddy tried to help hold her up from tumbling down the stairs. Cassie, however, was dying of laughter standing next to another tall male. V honestly has the biggest males I've ever seen in my life. What do they feed them?

"Cassie stop laughing! It isn't funny!" Alexandra yelled to but no avail.

Cassie kept laughing as she slowly made her way down the stairs, almost falling herself.

"Luna." Holy shit the giant talks. "I'm fine Boss. You guys ready to go?"

Everyone nodded and we made our way outside. We decided just to walk to the lake and find a good spot since it wasn't far. However, this was the most awkward walk of my life. Cassie is in the lead with her bodyguard. Blaine is awkwardly staring at the infirmary boy in front of us. Leaving me and Alexandra in the back.

Alexandra just keeps staring at her hands that she constantly twists in knots. I'm sure she is just as uncomfortable about this situation as I am. I decided to at least break the silence between us.

"Thanks for ditching training to come out with me." I watch as she quickly looks away but shakes her head.

"Of course. I'm sure it's uncomfortable being in another packhouse and whatnot." So she was thinking about me of course. But I wanted to know if she wanted to come with me. Not just because of the circumstances, we find ourselves in.

With a nervous chuckle, I try to think of the right way to word this. To see if she would have come with me even if we weren't at her pack's home.

"Maybe we can do this when we get back. But just the two of us." I say and instantly regret it. I really can't believe I just said that.

Alexandria stills. Completely stopping before she looks at me. I stop as well to not leave her behind. " Is something wrong?" I inquire. Hoping I didn't make her uncomfortable.

She shook her head quickly before she hurried past me to catch up to everyone else who kept walking without us. "I would love to do this. Just the two of us." She says so low I almost didn't hear her. Did she not want me to hear that?

The fact that I did put a smile on my face. The moment was ruined by Cassie yelling back at us. "Hurry up losers! We're here!"

We quickly jog to catch up to the others and see that Cassie picked a great spot. It was a clear opening from the trees next to the crystal clear lake. It had a nice grassy area before it eventually turned into a pebble beach to the water.

They had already set out a few blankets and I wasn't surprised to see Blaine with his mouth full of food already. " You have absolutely no self-control."

"And why would I?" Blaine shot back with a shrug.

I went to argue back but Alexandra grabbed my arm which made all my attention focused on her. "Don't worry. We can sit over here."

I just nodded and allowed her to guide me to one of the laid-out blankets. Looking I see that each couple had their blanket. Even though we just got here everyone was already eating.

"Mmm. I made a few things and brought some fruit if you would like it." I slowly turn to see Alexandra pulling things out of the basket.

She made more than a few things and she brought pineapple. I love pineapple. Before she could finish taking everything out I had grabbed the container and started to eat.

She chuckled to herself before she grabbed a fork and speared a piece of the fruit. "Cassie said you would probably go for fruit first. It's why I cut it up."

"Yeah. Pineapple is my favorite. What about you?" I genuinely wanted to get to know Alexandra more. Yes, my mind isn't made up. But something about her just makes me want to keep her around.

I looked up at her to get away from my thoughts and see that she was thinking intently about it. "Probably cherries. I haven't had them in a while though."

Note to self. Remember to get cherries when we get back home.