Chapter 17

It's still dark but I have to will my body out of bed. I stretch my arms over my head and look over to my left. Mason isn't in bed. It isn't shocking. He doesn't seem to sleep much. Too busy trying to catch up so his real training can begin.

I've already started to come up with ideas for his training. A lot I got from my old pack and Cassie. However, there was an element that I have personally never trained with but think would help us to accelerate his progress.

No time to really think about Mason's training since I have my own warriors training to think about already. They are doing great. Their cardio caught up in no time. Ahh to be a young male wolf. I kind of hate them for it. I smirk to myself as I get up to get ready.

I'm almost finished in the shower when I hear a knock on my door. It's not soft like most of the pack members would knock. It's also not forceful like the warriors would knock either. Perplexed who it might be, I turn off the shower and step out. I wrap my towel around me as I twist to open the door.

It's Caleb. Not going to lie, he was the last person I expected to be on the other side of this door. "Did I come at a bad time?" He asks as he looks down at the towel wrapped around me.

"Nope. What did you need? Come sit on the bed." I usher him into the room and walk into the closet to change. "What's up?" I yell from the closet.

"It's just you're different so I'm hoping you will help." He says barely loud enough for me to hear. I realize he's trying to keep this from everyone else in the pack house.

I quickly put myself together and walk back out to the room. "I'm different how?" I ask him as I go to sit down next to him on the bed.

"Everyone here treats me like a kid. I went through puberty. I get that I'm still small but they treat the other males my age differently." He says completely frustrated but he seemed to bite his tongue at what else was bothering him.

"So, you want to train and came to me since I'm in charge? I'm confused on what it is exactly." I look at him as seriously as I can. I want to help but he isn't giving me much to work with. I have no idea what the problem is, let alone how I could fix it.

He seemed a little unsure after what I said to him. He took a quick glance at me before he laid back on the bed. "I don't know where I came from. I want answers about who I am, what I am, why I'm so small? But, everyone here just brushes it off. I'm sure it's because I'm not one of them. I'm just a rogue they took in."

That's when I realized his problem. He felt like an outsider and was looking to belong. He came to me because I was also an outsider in some sense. I want to make him feel like he belongs but I also know I need to help him find out answers about himself if that is ever going to happen.

Great. Another thing to add to my long list of things to do. Aside from training Mason and the warrior, however, this needs to jump to the top of my list. I also found it intriguing that he was as small as he was after puberty and Avery's comment only piqued my curiosity further.

I would see Avery in less than an hour for training. I'm pretty sure he'll be annoyed talking about anything that isn't training but he's the first lead that I have when it comes to this.

"Well, I can't say that I can help." Caleb looked down as I said this. "But, I will try my best to figure out what I can. Just give me some time."

His face exploded into a huge grint that I have never seen from him before. "Thanks! I knew you would help!" He yelled wrapping around my waist for a hug. I hug him back and get up. "Well I need to start training so I'll talk to you later."

********************************************

"Alright. You're all getting better." All of the warriors were beaming to hear praise from Avery. It doesn't come easily. "Now. Finish the day with a 3 mile run in wolf form."