Chapter 6

I walk down the hallway with a hundred set of eyes on me. I can hear them shouting "Dead man walking! Here comes the dead man" down the hallway, but only in my head. I assume everyone who was in the room spread the word of Kobie kicking my ass, and now I don't know if people are looking at me with pity or worry.

I don't know where Kobie wanted to beat me up, so for all I know he could be on the other side of the school thinking that I am a chicken. Granted there is no shame for not wanting to die. I take a deep breath and walk into the bathroom, and towards the sink. I set my bag down on the floor next to the counter and hunch over the sink.

"Shit," I say quietly. "Shit shit shit." I turn around and run my hands through my hair as the familiar feeling of worry joins me. "Shit," I say one last time before I kick the bottom of a grey painted stall. It makes a loud rumble as I kick it, and the door opens a little. I walk back to the sink and turn on the facet, letting it run over my hands before bringing them to my face and rubbing it.

I hear the door open and someone walks in and I continue rubbing my face. I put my hand back down on the edge of the sink and watch the water drip down the wet face. I look in my reflection focusing on my face, then I refocus my attention on the person standing at the doorway. The figure is tall, with brown hair. I rub the water out of my eyes and look back. The figure walks closer and suddenly I am grabbed from the neck of my shirt and thrown to the ground behind me. I pain ripples through my back as I slam on the floor. I look up and see Kobie towering over me, anger in his eyes as he holds his fist up above me. He grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me up closer to his face.

"You think you're so tough don't you queer. You think you can just do whatever you want and think nothing will happen, Huh?" He yells. He brings his fist down and it makes contact with my cheek. A sting ripples through the whole left side of my cheek, as heat rushes to my face. I let out a grunt as I lift my leg up and kick him in the chest. He stumbles back as I get up.

I run towards the door but, again, he grabs me from the back, but instead of pulling me back onto the floor, he shoves me forwards causing me to lose balance.

"Fuck! I can't be on the floor again," I think as I angle my self, barely catching myself on the nearest sink, and standing up. I turn around just to see Kobie charging towards my waist. His shoulder hits my stomach, pushing the air out of me and slams me against the wall. A familiar pain shoots through me and I let out a grunt as I try to get away from Kobie. He straightens up and places his hand firmly on my chest, holding me up against the wall.

"Did you just fucking kick me Evans?"

I look at him with a locked jaw, and set eyes. He lets out a breath and suddenly hurls his fist into my stomach. I let out a scream, and bend over but he pushes me back towards the wall. I look up towards the ceiling, trying to hold back the tears of pain.

"I said, did you just kick me Evans?" He repeats.

From behind him, the bathroom door opens, and a little scrawny boy walks in, then stops when he sees us. Kobie turns around towards the boy, still holding me against the wall. "Hey, get the hell out of here, and don't tell anyone what you saw, or I swear I will kill you. Got it." The boy slowly backs up while nodding his head as he fumbles for the door before running out. Kobie continues to stare at the door as it slowly closes then turns towards me. "Do I need to ask again."

I shake my head, and he smirks as he leans closer. For a second I feel like he is about to kiss me and my heart starts racing, but he stops a few inches from my face.

"I swear, if you try to act tough again I will kill yo-" He suddenly looks at my chest, and I start to see a glow appear on his face. "What the fuck is going - oh fuck no!"

He pushes back away from me, then I notice a faint glow on his chest. After a few seconds the glowing gets brighter. Kobie pulls the collar of his shirt down, exposing his chest, and the glow is brighter. I look down on my chest and notice it is doing the same. Kobie looks at me with a look of worry, his chest still glowing. He lets go of his shirt and paces towards me and pokes my chest hard. "If you tell anyone about this, I swear I will kill you." He looks at me for another second before I notice the light in his chest slowly fading.

"Your chest," I murmur as I point it it. He looks down and notice that it's not glowing anymore. He looks back at me. "I swear to God," he says before he grabs his bag that lays on the floor and walks out of the bathroom.

I lean against the wall before I slide down it and sit on the floor. I cross my arms across my knees and duck my head into them. I look at the dim glow in my chest, that slowly starts to fade until I can not see it. "Why did it have to be Kobie", I think as I take a deep breath and lift my head.

Suddenly one of the stalls opens and TJ walks out, a confused look on his face. Fear starts to boil in me as TJ starts to walk towards me. I start thinking of all the possible things he could do. I imagine him suddenly punching me and kicking me until I can't walk. He kneels down and looks at me. I look at him and notice he has blue eyes, and light brown hair. He is handsome, but not as handsome as Kobie.

He lifts his arm, and I flinch, afraid that he will repeat what Kobie did a minute ago, but instead he grabs my chin and turns my face. He looks at the red mark on my cheek, and a small smile crawls up his face. "Looks like he got you good," he says as he leans in, "faggot."

He grabs my face and slams the back of my head into the wall. Pain shoots through it and I hear him laugh. I grab my head and look up just in time to see TJ walk out of the bathroom. He stops just at the doorway and looks at me. "Don't worry, you're not the only one."