Part 17: Chubby girl and popular hot guy. What a match!

Will's POV

I drove with Jessica in my dad's car that I'd borrowed because I knew she would like it. The fact that she liked my car would make things easier between us. I had started the night with a feeling that things could be better. Maybe hanging out with Jessica would make me like her or something of the sort.

But, seeing Abby tonight had not make it any easier. As I drove to the restaurant with Jessica next to me all I could think of was Abby. She had looked so sad when I ignored her. I wish I hadn't done it but it was capital for my purposes of driving her away from me.

Even so, when she had fallen I couldn't help but run next to her and try to aid her. I could not help myself the thought of her being hurt in some way. I had blown all my cover in two seconds just because of that incident. I couldn't and wouldn't let that happen once again.

"Why are you so serious?" Jessica asked, but I didn't even look at her. I kept driving.

"Aren't you going to say something?" she insisted. A few minutes with her and I was already regretting my decision.

"Sorry, I was paying attention to the road. What did you ask me?"

"I said 'why are you so serious?'"

"I'm not serious, I'm just focused." I said and smiled at her.

"Aw... I understand. So, where are we going?"

"To a restaurant you'll like."

"Duh, I know that. I wanted to know where we are going after."

"Well, I was thinking dinner and then taking you home would be just fine." I said with a smile on my lips.

"Think so? I don't want to go home that soon. Why don't we go dancing?"

"I'm not a good dancer."

"Come on!" She rolled her eyes "the night we met you danced just fine."

"I don't remember that" I smiled, flirtly this time.

"I wanna dance, and then we'll see." I didn't want this at all. I had ran it through my head that this was gonna be difficult but being here with her made it more real and scarier.

Who would think I would be frightened by a girl. Truth was that I wasn't scare of her but of what she could do.

The time with her that night went really slowly. I counted the seconds and I don't know if she ever noticed me looking at my watch every five minutes. Dinner was over; of course she didn't eat anything but a bite or two from her salad.

After that we stopped at a club called 'Bohemia', which was the place to be. We danced; actually she rubbed herself against me while I tried to dance. It was uncomfortable and awkward noticing that she didn't care I didn't like her. Being there with a guy with a hot car was all she cared, and she mentioned it more than once that night.

At midnight I took her home, even though she insisted we went somewhere else. I told her it was school night and that I had some homework to do. So, after practically pushing her out of the car I drove from her house.

Emptiness is not the greatest of feelings, especially when you know that your full being and the reason of your actions lies somewhere else. And that you are someone that perhaps has no feelings towards you. I was screwed! I was trying to do the right thing but I was starting to think that this wasn't it.

I got home feeling sick, the lights were out inside so it was very late. I walked up the stairs very carefully, since I didn't want to wake anyone up.

When I was in my room I lied on my bed and closed my eyes. It felt like years had gone by and they had just been a couple of weeks. The best and worst days, if possible, there were about to be more days worse than today.