Part 13: Chubby girl and popular hot guy. What a match!

Abby's POV

"What's Will doing in my school?" I blurted out accidentaly.

"What? You know the new guy?" Lissa said, surprise all over her face. I sneaked quietly from the crowd and Lissa followed my lead. I remembered Danny had been with me at some point but when I turned around he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Unfortunately, or luckily, when I turned to look for Danny I saw Will coming in behind us, accompanied by several slutty girls who were trying to talk to him.

I prayed to God he didn't see us -me- and I grabbed Lissa by the arm and pulled her into the hall.

"Well? Do you know him?" Lissa pushed.

"I kind of know him." I said as I tried to get to first period unnoticed.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it. You know him!"

I was feeling a ton of questions in the way when the bell rang and we had to head to our classrooms. I went into my first class and sat at the back, in my usual spot. I had Spanish first, which was not at all easy for me.

Mr. Patiño started to talk in his so annoying voice that I hated so much since he didn't like me at all, when there was a knock on the door. I went for my bag to take my notes out and when I looked up again I saw Will standing in front of the class.

"Oh God." I said, but nobody listened to me or paid me much attention. Everybody's eyes and attention were on Will. I tried to sink into my desk so that Will didn't get to see I was here. I didn't know why I was trying to hide from Will, but it seemed imperative to do it. And everything was going fine until Mr. Patiño spoke.

"It's a pleasure to have you at our school Mr. Windsor. You can sit..." Mr. Patiño scanned the room and when he looked at me he made a face. I so hate him! "You can sit next to Miss Valencia, I suppose." He said with venom in his voice and pointing at me.

That's when Will looked my way and smiled, he smiled a crooked smile that sent tingles down my spine and targeted my own smile.

He walked to his desk looking only at me, ignoring completely at the girls that were trying to catch his attention batting their eyes. When he took his desk next to mine he looked at me more intensely and mouthed a 'hi' that melted me right to my very soul. It wasn't just that he was incredibly gorgeous, just being next to him made me feel better and strangely secure of myself.

I mouthed a 'hello' back and looked at the teacher. I could feel him still looking at me and a blush crept up my cheeks. The class continued like that, once in a while I would look at him from the corner of my eye and would see him looking at me. But, it wasn't creepy at all, it was really sweet. I was melting in Spanish class for crying out loud!

Ding-ding-ding!

Saved by the bell! Thank God! I gathered my stuff as fast as I could and was heading out of the classroom.

"Hey, Abby. Wait up, please." I heard him say. I stood there waiting for him but without looking back. He touched my elbow gently and made me turn around. That's when he grabbed my bag and books from my hand and smile at me. He smiled the same crooked smile than before and it was priceless.

"Don't you dare running away from me, Abby."

"I wasn't doing that. Why would you think I was doing that? Why would I run away from you, there's no reason for that." I blurted out. He chuckled then and the world seemed to have new colors, I swear I could even hear music in the background.

"I was joking, Abby. So, we're going to the same school then. That... well, that saves me in a lot of ways."

"How's that?"